A b s t r a c t Introduction: the article analyzes professional marginalism, which became increasingly widespread in recent years. Preventing marginalism becomes an urgent issue for representatives of various scientific fields: sociologists, psychologists, and teachers. At the same time, there is still an insufficient amount of studies on the problems associated with the prevention of professional marginalism as a dangerous psychological phenomenon, despite their high social, national and personal significance. The development of professional marginalism is especially dangerous among employees of law enforcement agencies: military personnel, law enforcement officers, correctional officers, etc. The relevance of this topic is due to the increase in the number of officers who show signs of professional marginalism. Aim: we review theoretical data and experience in studying the problem of professional marginalism as a dangerous psychological phenomenon so as to show possible ways of its prevention and correction in the course of educational process at departmental universities. Methods: theoretical (analysis, synthesis, comparison, systematization, generalization of psychological and pedagogical literature on the research problem, modeling), empirical (survey, testing, experiment), qualitative and quantitative data processing. Results: in the course of the research we have revealed that among the interviewed cadets of departmental educational organizations, including the Federal Penitentiary Service of Russia, the majority (69.0%) tend to show ambivalent feelings about the profession they are mastering; professional marginalism as the antipode of professional commitment is manifested in the majority of cadets (71.4%) at the median level. Only a fifth of the surveyed cadets showed a low level of professional marginalism. Педагогические науки Conclusions: having analyzed the results of the assessment of the state and dynamics of the level of professional identity in cadets, we see that the achieved indicators should be increased in order to prevent professional marginalism. It can be achieved by developing and implementing a program to increase the level of formation of the professional identity in cadets. The program should include activities, forms and methods of their organization and implementation, aimed at preventing professional marginalism among law enforcement officers. An essential role in preventing the emergence and development of this psychological phenomenon belongs to educational (especially pedagogical) activities of lecturers in the course of training specialists in departmental universities.
Keywords: professional marginalism; professional identity; prevention of professional marginalism; pedagogical means; educational process; departmental educational organization.
Professor of the Department of Penal and Criminal Law of the Voronezh Institute of the Federal
Penal Service of Russia, Dsc. in Pedagogics, Associate Professor
, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Doctor of Sciences (Pedagogy), Professor, Senior Researcher at Russian Air Force Military Educational and Scientific Center “Zhukovsky and Gagarin Air Force Academy”, Voronezh, Russian Federation
, e-mail email@example.com
Candidate of Sciences (Psychology), Associate Professor, associate professor at the Department of Socio-Humanitarian Disciplines, Voronezh Institute of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of the Russian Federation, Voronezh, Russian Federation
, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Alekhin A.N. Psychological phenomenon as a methodological problem. Izvestiya Rossiiskogo gosudarstvennogo pedagogicheskogo universiteta im. A. I. Gertsena=Izvestia: Herzen University Journal of Humanities & Sciences, 2013, no. 155, pp. 16–22. (In Russ.).
2. Vaitulevich S.N. Marginal consciousness and behavior as an aspect of the socio-psychological organization of a marginal personality. Uspekhi sovremennogo estestvoznaniya=Advances in Current Natural Sciences, 2007, no. 2, pp. 60–81. (In Russ.).
3. Didenko A.A., Didenko I.V. Professional identity of servicemen of the internal troops of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Russia. Psikhopedagogika v pravookhranitel’nykh organakh=Psychopedagogy in Law Enforcement Agencies, 2013, no. 4 (55), pp. 3–7. Available at: https://cyberleninka.ru/article/n/professionalnaya-identichnost-voennosluzhaschihvnutrennih-voysk-mvd-rossii (accessed November 29, 2020). (In Russ.).
4. Ermolaeva E.P. Multidisciplinary approach to the “person – profession – society” model. Institut psikhologii rossiiskoi akademii nauk. Organizatsionnaya psikhologiya i psikhologiya truda=Institute of Psychology of the Russian Academy of Sciences. Organizational Psychology and Labor Psychology, 2017, vol. 2, no. 1, pp. 3–22. (In Russ.).
5. Ermolaeva I.P. Professional identity and marginalism: the concept and reality. Psikhologicheskii zhurnal=Psychological Journal, 2001, vol. 22, no. 4, pp. 51–60. (In Russ.).
6. Kalashnikov A.I., Minyurova S.A. Professional commitment and professional marginalism in teachers. Psikhologicheskaya nauka i obrazovanie=Psychological Science and Education, 2017, vol. 22, no. 5, pp. 5–13. (In Russ.).
7. Mikhailov I.A. Phenomenon. In: Novaya filosofskaya entsiklopediya [New Philosophical Encyclopedia]. Available at: https://iphlib.ru/library/collection/newphilenc/document/HASHc26f429f6526f3c83ca4c2?p.s=TextQuery (accessed November 29, 2020). (In Russ.).
8. Obolkina S.V. Philosophical analysis of marginality problem. Nauchnyi ezhegodnik Instituta filosofii i prava Ural’skogo otdeleniya Rossiiskoi akademii nauk=Research Yearbook of the Institute of Philosophy and Law of the Ural Branch of the Russian Academy of Sciences, 2018, vol.18, no. 2, pp. 7–20. – DOI 10.17506/ryipl.2016.18.2.720. (In Russ.).
9. Vladimir Putin: a program for patriotic education should be based on core values. TASS website. Available at: https:// tass.ru/obschestvo/7325009 (accessed December 17, 2020). (In Russ.).
10. Talanova K.S. Core of values spiritual and moral crisis: definitions, typologies, values. Vestnik Moskovskogo universiteta. Seriya 18: Sotsiologiya i politologiya=Moscow State University Bulletin. Series 18. Sociology and Political Science, 2014, no. 3, pp. 179–199. (In Russ.).
11. Tkachenko I.N., Bersun’kaeva Z.V. Problems of forming a system of moral values in modern Russian youth. Molodoi uchenyi=Young Scientist, 2017, no. 15 (149), pp. 518–520. (In Russ.)