Introduction: the article analyzes possibilities and topical issues of developing the readiness of correctional officers to act in emergency situations in educational process in educational institutions, taking into account requirements of the competence-based approach. Aim: to identify problems and ways to address them in the framework of developing cadets’ readiness to act in emergency situations in penal institutions; the aim is achieved with the help of the following means: generalization of pedagogical experience in the application of the competence-based approach in education and the requirements of professional activity of penitentiary system staff; and analysis of the content of educational programs and programs of academic disciplines. Methods: theoretical analysis of the research problem, theoretical methods of formal and dialectical logic, analysis of documents and statistical data, survey, interpretation. Results: analysis of the content of educational programs implemented in educational institutions of the Federal Penitentiary Service, analysis of the requirements of professional and official activities dictated by the increased level of criminal danger of persons serving sentences in conditions of deprivation of liberty, analysis of the level of professional training of staff, analysis of the expectations of the heads of penitentiary institutions regarding the professional competence of graduates of educational institutions who are then employed as correctional staff – all this has shown the need to implement a comprehensive approach so as to form cognitive, behavioral, and motivational-value components of readiness for emergency situations, the need to supplement professional competencies that reflect the discussed readiness in relation to various specialties, and the need to conduct regular training in this area, especially in senior courses. Conclusions: in order to develop readiness in correctional staff efficiently, it is advisable to pay attention not only to the formation of cognitive and activity-based components, which are mainly focused on the content of educational disciplines, but also to the motivational and value-based components; circumstancthe formation of the readiness involves, along with the study of special disciplines, organization of psychological training of cadets, which contributes to the implementation of an integrated approach; it is appropriate to develop general professional competencein cadets that would reflect aspects of readiness to act in emergency situations regardless of the specialty obtained; it is important to update the knowledge and skills of how to act in the event of emergencies at the final stage of training.
Keywords: Emergency situations; readiness for action; competence-based approach; competence; professional competencies; educational process; educational program; integrated approach
Candidate of Sciences (Pedagogy), Associate Professor, associate professor at the Department of Legal Psychology and Pedagogy of the Psychological Faculty of Vologda Institute of Law and Economics of FSIN Russia, Vologda, Russian Federation.
, e-mail email@example.com
Doctor of Sciences (Pedagogy), Professor, Chief Researcher at the Research Center of the Research Institute of FSIN Russia, Moscow, Russian Federation.
, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Head of the Organizational and Analytical Department of the Directorate of FSIN Russia in the Arkhangelsk Oblast, Arkhangelsk, Russian Federation.
ORCID 0000-0001- 9503-289
, e-mail email@example.com
1. Votinov A.A., Timofeeva E.A. About the application of interactive teaching technologies in the process of professional training of future officers of the penitentiary system. Vestnik Samarskogo gosudarstvennogo tekhnicheskogo universiteta.
Seriya: Psikhologo-pedagogicheskie nauki=Vestnik of Samara State Technical University Psychological and Pedagogical Sciences, 2015, no. 3 (27), pp. 60–71. (In Russ.).
2. Gerasimov A.A. Topicalissues of training of correctional staff to act in emergency situations.Voprosy sovremennoi nauki i praktiki=Issues of Modern Theory and Practice, 2020, no. 2(3), pp. 86–88. (In Russ.).
3. Egorenkov D.V. Formirovanie gotovnosti starsheklassnika k preodoleniyu ekstremal’nykh situatsii: avtoreferat dissertatsii na soiskanie uchenoi stepeni kandidata pedagogicheskikh nauk [Formation of high school student’s readiness to overcome
emergency situations: Candidate of Sciences (Pedagogy) dissertation abstract]. Volgograd, 2013. 40 p.
4. Pertli L.F. et al. Zarubezhnyi opyt profilaktiki negativnykh protsessov, proiskhodyashchikh v penitentsiarnykh uchrezhdeniyakh, i soversheniya soderzhashchimisya v nikh litsami pravonarushenii i prestuplenii: analiticheskii obzor [Foreign experience in the prevention of negative processes occurring in penitentiary institutions and the commission of offenses and crimes by incarcerated persons: an analytical review]. Moscow: NII FSIN Rossii, 2017. 108 p.
5. Zimnyaya I.A. Key competencies – a new paradigm of education results. Vysshee obrazovanie segodnya=Higher Education Today, 2003, no. 5, pp. 34–42. (In Russ.).
6. Kareev V.V. Special tactical classes as a form of practical training of staff of the Federal Penitentiary Service of Russia for actions during emergencies. In: Votinova A.A. (Ed.). Ugolovno-ispolnitel’naya sistema na sovremennom etape: vzaimodeistvie nauki i praktiki: materialy mezhdunarodnoi nauchno-prakticheskoi mezhvedomstvennoi konferentsii [Penal system at the present stage: the interaction of science and practice: materials of the international research-to-practice interdepartmental conference]. Samara: Samarskii yuridicheskii institut FSIN Rossii, 2016. P. 268. (In Russ.).
7. Krutetskii V.A. Osnovy pedagogicheskoi psikhologii [Fundamentals of pedagogical psychology]. Moscow: Prosveshchenie, 1972. 255 p.
8. Kuklina L.V., Koryagina I.I. Features of the formation of key competencies in students with different professional orientation. Vestnik Cherepovetskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta=Bulletin of Cherepovets State University, 2020, no. 4 (97), pp. 234–243. (In Russ.).
9. Levitov N.D. Psikhologiya kharaktera [Psychology of character]. Third edition, revised and supplemented. Moscow: Prosveshchenie, 1969. 424 p.
10. Manyshev V.V., Bragin A.A. Business game as one of the ways to implement problem-based learning in the training situational center of operational management. Problemy pravookhranitel’noi deyatel’nosti=Problems of Law Enforcement Activity, 2014, no. 2, pp. 22–25. (In Russ.).
11. Machekhin M.S. Massovye besporyadki i gruppovye nepovinoveniya, sovershaemye v ispravitel’nykh uchrezhdeniyakh: kharakteristika, prichiny i mery protivodeistviya: monografiya [Mass riots and group disobedience committed in correctional
institutions: characteristics, causes and measures of counteraction: a monograph]. Perm: Permskii institut FSIN Rossii, 2020. 105 p.
12. Nazarov V.I., Zasobina G.A. Stanovlenie lichnostno-professional’noi kompetentnosti budushchikh spetsialistov v usloviyakh zaochnogo obucheniya [Formation of personal and professional competence of future specialists in the conditions of distance learning]. Ivanovo: Ivanovskii gosudarstvennyi universitet, 2010. 216 p.
13. Rudik P.A.Psikhologiya [Psychology]. Moscow: Fizkul’tura i sport, 1976. 239 p.
14. Khomyakov O.V. Training of staff of special divisions of FSIN Russia on escorting to act in emergency situations. In: Penitentsiarnaya sistema i obshchestvo: opyt vzaimodeistviya: sbornik materialov V Mezhdunarodnoi nauchno-prakticheskoi
konferentsii [Penal system and society: experience of interaction: collection of materials of the 5th international researchto-practice conference]. Perm: Permskii institut FSIN Rossii, 2018. Pp. 356–358. (In Russ.).
15. Khutorskoi A.V. Key competencies as a component of the personality-oriented paradigm of education. Narodnoe obrazovanie=Public Education, 2003, no. 2, pp. 59–64. (In Russ.).
16. Baldi K.A. An overview of physical fitness of female cadets at the military academies. Military Medicine, 1991, no. 10, pp. 537–539.
17. Coyle D., Hood P., Marsh D. CLIL: Content and Language Integrated Learning. Cambridge, UK: Cambridge University Press, 2010.184 p.
18. Graevenitz G. G.-W. Ausbildung des americanischen Offizers. Beispiel: US Air Force Academy. Truppenpraxis, 1988, no. 1, pp. 72–75. (In Russ.).
19. SmykovskyV., Lobanova E., Kiselev A. Opportunities of readiness formation of the criminal-executive system employees to actions in the emergency circumstances. In: Proceedings of the II International Scientific-Practical Conference
“Psychology of Extreme Professions” (ISPCPEP 2019). Available at: https://www.atlantis-press.com/proceedings/ispcpep-19/125909644 (accessed February 26, 2019).
20. Thomas Y. Woman’s sports and fitness programs of the US Air Force Academy. Physician and Sportsmedicine, 1979, no. 7, pp. 59–68.