In the article practical and methodical questions of organization of workshops in the correctional institution in the context of socio-cultural rehabilitation of convicts are considered. It is based on the understanding of the socio-cultural rehabilitation of convicts as a process of restoring their lost social connections and functions, replenishing the life support environment in a system of socio-cultural activities specially organized by the penitentiary staff. Workshops with convict being the main means of organizing their leisure allows satisfying the diverse socio-cultural needs of the people being educated. According to the empirical research in the penal practice the directions of workshops focused on a healthy way of life and creative self-expression of convicts are mainly presented. To realize them the personnel potential of institutions is used, and also interaction with the public is carried out. Employees of correctional institutions are searching for measures to encourage convicts to participate in workshops while an important principle is the consideration of the interests and needs of convicts in certain types of cultural and recreational activities. At the same time there are problems related to material and technical resources, general legal regulation of the workshops, available for convicts’ interests workshops, motivation for leisure activities, psychological and pedagogical culture of the leaders of the workshops. Their solution requires a complex nature of activity (administrative, legal, social, pedagogical, psychological, etc.). Important educational conditions are the development of new types of community employment for a particular correctional institution, the use of active forms of interaction in the workshops, which can be realized within the social theater of convicts.
Associate Professor of the Department of Legal Pedagogy
and Psychology of the Vologda Institute of Law and Economics of the Federal
Penal Service of Russia, Ph.D. in Pedagogics, Associate Professor
, e-mail email@example.com
1. Ariarskij M. A. Social’no-kul’turnaya deyatel’nost’ kak predmet nauchnogo osmysleniya [Socio-cultural activity as a
matter of scientific comprehension]. St. Petersburg, 2008. 792 p. (In Russ.).
2. Davydova N. V., Danilin E. M. Kruzhkovaya rabota s osuzhdennymi v ispravitel’nyh uchrezhdeniyah [Circle work with
convicts in correctional institutions]. Vedomosti ugolov.-ispolnit. sistemy – Journal of the Penal system. 2014. Iss. 1.
P. 41–45. (In Russ.).
3. Danilenko O. I., YAnkelevich M. S. Otnoshenie k iskusstvu kak proyavlenie cennostnyh orientacij lichnosti [Relationship to
art as a manifestation of value orientations of the individual]. Vestn. S.-Peterb. un-ta – Bulletin of St. Petersburg University.
2011. Iss. 2. P. 208–214. (In Russ.).
4. Evladova E. B., Loginova L. G., Mihajlova N. M. Dopolnitel’noe obrazovanie detej [Additional education for children].
Moscow, 2004. 349 p. (In Russ.).
5. Kiseleva M. V. Art-terapiya v prakticheskoj psihologii i social’noj rabote [Art therapy in practical psychology and social
work]. St. Petersburg, 2007. 336 p. (In Russ.).
6. Kuznecov M. I. Kruzhkovaya rabota s nesovershennoletnimi osuzhdennymi v vospitatel’nyh koloniyah [Circle work with
juvenile convicts in educational colonies]. Vedomosti ugolov.-ispolnit. sistemy – Journal of the Penal system. 2016. Iss. 4.
P. 42–45. (In Russ.).
7. Poryadok organizacii kruzhkovoj raboty s osuzhdennymi k lisheniyu svobody : metod. rekomendacii / N. V. Davydova i dr.
[The order of organization of the circle work with prisoners sentenced to deprivation of liberty : methodical recommendations / N. V. Davydova and others]. Moscow, 2013. 17 p. (In Russ.).
8. Skorik N. YU. Ispol’zovanie teatroterapii kak ehffektivnogo metoda sociokul’turnoj reabilitacii molodyh invalidov detstva
[Use of theater therapy as an effective method of socio-cultural rehabilitation of young disabled children]. Rabotnik
social’noj sluzhby – Social Worker. 2012. Iss. 1. P. 82–85. (In Russ.).
9. Social’nyj teatr kak sredstvo profilaktiki negativnyh social’nyh yavlenij sredi molodezhi (na primere uchebnoj programmy
integrirovannogo kursa dlya podrostkov i starshih shkol’nikov «Social’nyj teatr») / avt.-sost. S. S. CHagin [Social theater as
a means of preventing negative social phenomena among young people (on the example of the curriculum of the integrated
course for teenagers and senior students «Social Theater») : auth.-comp. S. S. Chagin]. Moscow, 2004. 18 p. (In Russ.).