Addressing the issue concerning the development of moral and psychological stability in employees of security division of the Federal Penitentiary Service of Russia is of major importance to the functioning of correctional institutions. We regard the development of moral and psychological stability as a process of consistent development of personal traits, including self-evaluation of professional and psychological readiness to act in emergency situations, a sense of confidence in the legality of the use of fire arms, the knowledge and skills required to respond adequately and adjust one’s emotional state when performing one’s duty; all these traits should help officers deal successfully with negative factors arising in the course of their service and use firearms lawfully. The topic of the paper is relevant, since there has been an increase in the number of violations related to officers’ non-compliance with the law. We have revealed that the level of moral and psychological stability in the majority of security division representatives (52.6%) is low: their sphere of emotional and volitional qualities is not developed; they do not have enough moral requirements and assessments, etc. In this regard, we have worked out a comprehensive target program, the goal of which is to form moral and psychological stability in security officers of correctional facilities in situations requiring the use of firearms. The program was implemented on the basis of correctional institutions in the Komi Republic Department of the Federal Penitentiary Service of Russia. The program is based on the principles of activity, research orientation and objectification (awareness) of officers’ behavior and includes 56 academic hours (lectures, group classes). In the course of its implementation, various psychological and pedagogical techniques were used to encourage high-quality performance of professional duties. The positive outcome of the program is observed in the fact that officers who use firearms in their work become fully equipped with relevant knowledge, skills and abilities. The skills they acquire are the basis for maintaining personal emotional balance and developing necessary professional qualities.
leading specialist andexpert at the Personnel and Security Department, Interdistrict Office of the Federal Tax Service of Russia No. 3 in the Komi Republic, Ukhta, Russian Federation.
, e-mail email@example.com
Doctor of Sciences (Pedagogy), Professor, Corresponding Member of the International Academy of Sciences of Pedagogical Education,professor at the Department of Legal Psychology and Pedagogy, Vologda Institute of Law and Economics of FSIN Russia, Vologda, Russian Federation.
, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Barabanshchikov A.V., Glotochkin N.D., Shelyag V.V. Problemy psikhologii voinskogo kollektiva [Problems of psychology of the military team]. Moscow: Voenizdat, 1973. 301 p.
2. Zautorova E.V. Situatsii moral’nogo vybora v nravstvennom razvitii osuzhdennykh molodezhnogo vozrasta: metodicheskie rekomendatsii dlya sotrudnikov ispravitel’nykh uchrezhdenii [Situations of moral choice in the moral development
of convicted youth: methodological recommendations for corrections officers]. Vologda: VIPE FSIN Rossii, 2013. 105 p.
3. Kalenchuk L.V., Karayani A.G., Loginov I.P. Tekhnologii moral’no-psikhologicheskogo obespecheniya: aktual’nye
problemy teorii i praktiki [Technologies of moral and psychological support: topical issues of theory and practice]. Moscow:
VU, 1997. 88 p.
4. Kolodkin L.M. The legality mode and the rationality principle in the penal sphere and the ways to ensure them. Vestnik instituta: prestuplenie, nakazanie, ispravlenie=Institute Bulletin: Crime, Punishment, Correction, 2012, no. 2 (18),
pp. 44–47. (In Russian).
5. Materialy kollegii o sostoyanii zakonnosti v sfere ispolneniya zakonodatel’stva, napravlennogo na presechenie nezakonnykh metodov vozdeistviya v otnoshenii osuzhdennykh i soderzhashchikhsya pod strazhei lits. General’naya prokuratura Rossiiskoi Federatsii, Glavnoe upravlenie pravovoi statistiki i informatsionnykh tekhnologii [Materials of the Board on the
state of legality in the implementation of legislation aimed at suppressing illegal methods of influence against convicted and
detained persons. General Prosecutor’s office of the Russian Federation, Main Department of Legal Statistics and Information Technologies]. Available at: https://genproc.gov.ru/smi/news/genproc/news-1599844/ (accessed September 7,
6. Slepov V.Ya. Moral’no-psikhologicheskoe vospitanie budushchikh ofitserov-podvodnikov: uchebnoe posobie [Moral
and psychological education of future submarine officers: textbook]. Leningrad: Vysshee voenno-morskoe uchilishche
podvodnogo plavaniya im. Leninskogo komsomola, 1968. 113 p.
7. Stolyarenko A.M. Ekstremal’naya psikhopedagogika: uchebnoe posobie dlya studentov vuzov [Extreme psychopedagogy: textbook for university students]. Moscow: Yuniti, 2002. 607 p.
8. Trubochkin V.P. Psychological conditions for mobilization of police officers to perform their duty. In: Psikhologo-pedagogicheskie problemy sovershenstvovaniya upravleniya i operativno-sluzhebnoi deyatel’nosti organov vnutrennikh del
[Psychological and pedagogical issues related to improving management and official activity of internal affairs bodies].
Moscow, 1986. Pp. 22–28 (In Russian).
9. Ushatikov A.I.,KovalevO.G., SemenovV.A. Psikhologicheskaya podgotovka sotrudnikov penitentsiarnykh uchrezhdenii
k deistviyam v ekstremal’nykh usloviyakh: uchebno-metodicheskoe posobie [Psychological training of penitentiary staff to
act in extreme conditions: study guide].Ryazan, 1997. 97 p.
10. Fedorova E.M. Dukhovno-nravstvennoe vospitanie sotrudnikov ugolovno-ispolnitel’noi sistemy v protsesse
professional’noi podgotovki: uchebnoe posobie[Spiritual and moral education of employees of the penal system in the
process of professional training: textbook]. Moscow: NII FSIN Rossii, 2007. 119 p.
11. Khal’zov V.I. Pedagogicheskie osnovy vospitaniya voennosluzhashchikh vnutrennikh voisk uchebnoe posobie [Pedagogical bases of education of military personnel of internal troops].Leningrad: VPU, 1988. 65 p.