Theoretical Aspects of Interaction between Special Forces Units of the Federal Penitentiary Service of Russia, the National Guard of Russia, and the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Russia in the Field of Law Enforcement
Ponikarov S.V. Theoretical aspects of interaction between special forces units of the Federal Penitentiary Service of Russia, the National Guard of Russia, and the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Russia in the field of law enforcement. Penitentiary Science, 2020, vol. 14, no. 4 (52), pp. 493–498. DOI 10.46741/2686-9764-2020-14-4-566-569.
The paper investigates a novel issue related to the cooperation between special forces units of the penal system and other (special) similar units, namely, the police and the National Guard (including the Special Purpose Mobile Unit and the Special Rapid Response Unit). We note that earlier these units were part of the system of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Russia. The paper presents the results of a study of organizational and legal interaction of the special forces of the penal system with other bodies in the field of law enforcement. We argue that the cooperation between these units has the greatest potential in conducting special operations to prevent emergencies related to hostage-taking, mass riots, and escapes of convicts. We highlight major organizational criteria for interaction between the divisions under consideration. We put forward our own definition of the essence of organizing the interaction between special forcesunits of the penal system and special units of other agencies in emergency situations taking place in correctional institutions. We describe characteristic features of this interaction. The integration of these features allowed us to formulate a scientific definition of the interaction under consideration in a broad sense. The article analyzes specific features of cooperation between special forces units of the penal system and other bodies; these features involve the establishment of interpersonal contacts between the heads of these units. We emphasize the scientific and organizational principles of interaction, such as balance, mobility, and preparedness.We propose tactical interaction, which consists of an action plan, preliminary training, management decisions and practical actions of thepersonnel. The paper also presents the results of an empirical study on the integration ofspecial forces units.
Keywords: interaction; organization and tactics; institutions and bodies of FSIN Russia; law enforcement; special forces of the penal system; other special bodies.
2. Grishin D.A. Administrative and legal regulation of the activities of special forces units of the Federal Penitentiary Service:
current state, problems and prospects.Administrativnoe pravo i protsess = Administrative Law and Process, 2011, no. 4,
pp. 19–21.(In Russian).
3. Malkov V.D. Planirovanie v upravlenii organami vnutrennikh del (teoreticheskie i organizatsionno-metodicheskie problemy):
dissertatsiya na soiskanie nauchnogo zvaniya doktora yuridicheskikh nauk [Planning in the management of internal affairs
bodies (theoretical, organizational and methodological aspects): Doctor of Sciences (Law) dissertation]. Moscow, 1979.453 p.
4. Mezhdunarodnaya zashchita prav i svobod cheloveka: sbornik dokumentov [International protection of human rights and
freedoms: a collection of documents]. Moscow: Yuridicheskaya literatura, 1990. 672 p.
5. Mezhdunarodnye akty o pravakhcheloveka: sbornik dokumentov [International human rights instruments: a collection of
documents]. Moscow: NORMA-INFRA-M, 2002. 911 p.
6. Ozhegov S.I.,ShvedovaN.Yu. Tolkovyislovar’ russkogoyazyka [Dictionary of the Russian language]. Moscow: Azbukovnik,
2009. 944 p.
7. ChaikaYu.Ya. (Ed.). Organizatsiya upravleniya v ugolovno-ispolnitel’noi sisteme: uchebnik v z tomakh. Tom 1. Obshchaya
chast’ [Organization of management in the penal system: textbook in two volumes. Volume 1. General part]. Ryazan:
Akademiya prava i upravleniya Minyusta Rossii, 2002. 532 p.
8. Ponikarov S.V. Classification of normative acts regulating the law enforcement activities of special units of institutions
and agencies performing functions in the field of criminal penalties. Penitentsiarnaya nauka = Penitentiary Science, 2019,
vol. 13, no. 4, pp. 552–557. (In Russian).
9. Starostin S.A. Upravlenie organami vnutrennikh del pri chrezvychainykh situatsiyakh (pravovye i organizatsionnye
aspekty): avtoreferat dissertatsii na soiskanie uchenogo zvaniya doktora yuridicheskikh nauk [Management of internal
affairs bodies in emergency situations (legal and organizational aspects): Doctor of Sciences (Law) dissertation abstract].
Moscow: Akademiya upravleniya MVD Rossii, 2000. 469 p.
10. Tomin V.T. Problemy optimizatsii sfery funktsionirovaniya organov vnutrennikh del: uchebnoe posobie [Problems of
optimization of the sphere of functioning of internal affairs bodies: textbook]. Gorky: GVSh MVD SSSR, 1978.112 p.