Among the crimes committed by convicts serving sentences in correctional institutions an increased social danger is represented by murders which differ in the complexity of disclosure and investigation. The concept of this illegal act found its legislative consolidation in Art. 105 of the Criminal Code of the Russian Federation: it is understood to be the intentional infliction of death on another person. The disclosure and investigation of crimes of the category in question in the territory of correctional facilities as well as the development of certain measures to prevent them in a timely manner are more effective in the allocation and use by the investigator and the employees of operational units of certain data that make up the criminalistic characteristics of crimes. One of the important moments of the criminalistic characteristics of the murder is the data on the way it was committed. Based on the analysis of literature sources and materials of forensic investigation the article describes the methods of killings committed by convicts in the territory of correctional facilities and also divides them into main groups within various classifications. In this case the classification is necessary to obtain additional information about the method of committing a crime, its systematization and detailed study in order to reveal the characteristic common properties, characteristics, etc. The investigation of the above circumstances is aimed at establishing important information on the case and thereby contributes to the qualitative and timely disclosure and investigation of the crimes of this category.
Keywords: forensic characteristics; a crime; correctional institution; murder; way
of committing a crime; convicted; causing bodily harm.
Lecturer of the Department of Criminal Procedure, Criminalistics and Investigation of the Law Faculty of the Vologda Institute of Law and Economics of the Federal Penal Service of Russia.
, e-mail olegD4105@mail.ru
1. Belkin R. S. Kurs kriminalistiki: kriminalisticheskie sredstva, priemy i rekomendacii : v 3 t. [Course of criminology: forensic
tools, techniques and recommendations: in 3 vol.]. Moscow, 1997. Vol. 3. 480 p. (In Russ.).
2. Vasil’ev A. N., YAblokov N. P. Predmet, sistema i teoreticheskie osnovy kriminalistiki [Subject, system and theoretical
foundations of criminology]. Moscow, 1984. 144 p. (In Russ.).
3. Volkov D. YU. Psihologicheskie faktory, vliyayushchie na formirovanie pokazanij podozrevaemogo, obvinyaemogo pri
nahozhdenii doprashivaemogo v sledstvennom izolyatore [Psychological factors affecting the formation of the testimony of
the suspect, the accused while being interrogated in the detention center]. Aktual’nye voprosy naznacheniya i ispolneniya
ugolovnyh nakazanij : sb. nauch. tr. / pod obshch. red. V. N. Nekrasova – Topical issues of appointment and execution of
criminal penalties : collection of scientific papers : ed. by V. N. Nekrasov. Vologda, 2017. P. 53–56. (In Russ.).
4. Kilesso E. G. Metodika rassledovaniya ubijstv, sopryazhennyh s bezvestnym ischeznoveniem poterpevshego:
pervonachal’nyj ehtap rassledovaniya : dis. … kand. yurid. nauk [Methods of investigation of murders involving the
disappearance of the victim: initial stage of investigation : the diss. ... PhD. in Law]. St. Petersburg, 2004. 214 p. (In Russ.).
5. Koldin V. YA., YAblokov N. P. Kriminalistika [Criminalistics]. Moscow, 1990. 464 p. (In Russ.).
6. Musabirov R. D. Osobennosti pervonachal’nogo ehtapa rassledovaniya tyazhkih nasil’stvennyh prestuplenij protiv zhizni
i zdorov’ya, sovershennyh ranee sudimymi licami : dis. … kand. yurid. nauk [Features of the initial stage of investigation of
serious violent crimes against life and health committed by previously convicted persons : the diss. ... PhD. in Law]. Ufa,
2003. 242 p. (In Russ.).
7. Obrazcov V. A. Kriminalisticheskaya klassifikaciya prestuplenij [Criminalistic classification of crimes]. Krasnoyarsk, 1988.
592 p. (In Russ.).
8. Osnovnye pokazateli deyatel’nosti ugolovno-ispolnitel’noj sistemy FSIN Rossii : inform.-analit. sb. [Key performance
indicators of the system of the Federal Рenal Service of Russia : information and analytical collection]. Tver, 2015–2018.
9. Prokopenko B. L. Osobennosti rassledovaniya ubijstv, sovershennyh osuzhdennymi v mestah lisheniya svobody :
dis. … kand. yurid. nauk [Features of investigation of the murders committed by convicts in prison : the diss. ... PhD. in Law].
Voronezh, 2009. 248 p. (In Russ.).
10. SHuruhnov N. G. Kriminalistika. 2-e izd., ispravl. i dop. [Criminalistics : 2nd edition, rev. and augm.]. Moscow, 2008.
720 p. (In Russ.).
11. SHuruhnov N. G. Rassledovanie prestuplenij, sovershaemyh osuzhdennymi v ispravitel’no-trudovyh uchrezhdeniyah
[Investigation of crimes committed by convicts in correctional institutions]. Moscow, 1992. 144 p. (In Russ.).