The improvement of the quality of public administration of the penal
system is directly related to the improvement of its human resources. In modern conditions
the solution of this problem largely depends on the introduction of modern personnel
technologies in the formation of personnel of bodies and institutions of the penal system.
Introduced in the 90s at the stage of formation of the new russian statehood, the methods
of recruitment of state bodies, to date, do not allow to objectively assess the professional
qualities of civil servants (candidates for civil servants). New ways of determining the
compliance of persons with the tasks set by the state before the bodies and institutions
of the penal system in the field of personnel policy are required. There are quite a lot
of methods of improving the personnel policy in the public service offered in the legal
environment. Many of them have long been introduced into the practice of organizing
the selection of civil servants and are being successfully implemented. However, some
methods require more legal and organizational training. These include – a comprehensive
assessment of the professional activities of civil servants. In this regard the article
analyzes the possibility of implementation and features of the procedure of new personnel
technology – a comprehensive assessment of the activities of employees of bodies and
institutions of the penal system. The author proposes draft documents that are necessary
for legal support of the procedure of this personnel technology.
Head of the Department of Administrative and Financial Law of the North-West Institute (branch) of the O.E. Kutafin Moscow State Law University (MSLA), Vologda, Russian Federation, PhD. in Law, Associate Professor
, e-mail email@example.com
1. Obolonskij A. V. (red.) Gosudarstvennaya sluzhba: kompleksnyj podhod [Civil Service: An Integrated Approach]. Moscow,
2009. 511 p. (In Russ.).
2. Zybina P. M. Nastavnichestvo kak sovremennaya kadrovaya tekhnologiya na gosudarstvennoj grazhdanskoj sluzhbe
[Mentoring as a modern personnel technology in the public service]. Moscow, 2019. 68 p. (In Russ.).
3. Kalyashin A. V. Gosudarstvennaya sluzhba v uchrezhdeniyah i organah ugolovno-ispolnitel’noj sistemy Rossijskoj
Federacii: teoriya i praktika razvitiya [Civil service in institutions and bodies of the penal system of the Russian Federation:
theory and practice of development]. Moscow, 2016. 98 p. (In Russ.).
4. Savushkin S. M. Organizacionno-pravovye osnovy gosudarstvennoj sluzhby v ugolovno-ispolnitel’noj sisteme [The
organizational and legal foundations of public service in the penal system]. Novokuznetsk, 2016. 96 p. (In Russ.).
5. Prokof’ev S. E., Belyaev A. M., Eremin S. G. (red.) Sovremennye kadrovye tekhnologii v organah vlasti [Modern personnel
technologies in government]. Moscow, 2015. 661 p. (In Russ.).