Taking into account the order of the Federal Penal Service of Russia dated June 14, 2019 No. 440 “On approval of the organization and implementation of educational activities for the main professional educational programs implemented in the interests of ensuring law and order in federal state educational institutions subordinate to the Federal Penal Service of Russia”, one of the priority areas of departmental education is professional socialization of future specialists. The problem of professional socialization is studied by representatives of different areas of science. Domestic humanities issues of socialization are considered in conjunction with development and education. So pedagogy studies the processes of socialization in conjunction with the formation and development of personality. Interest in the problem of socialization initially arose among social educators (R. G. Gurov), later in age and educational psychology, and only then in pedagogy, where the attention of scientists was paid not so much to the specialist’s professional skills, which would ensure his socialization in the professional environment, how much is his personal development. Professional socialization is characterized by a number of distinctive features, among which are not only professional competencies, but also formed professional thinking and high professional motivation. Professional socialization of employees of the Federal Penal Service of Russia is considered in a number of scientific papers as a special type of socialization that requires mastering professional competencies, mastering professional norms and values that ensure successful inclusion in professional activities. An analysis of studies on the issues of professional socialization of law enforcement officers during their studies at departmental educational organizations allows us to note that such works are not numerous, which confirms the relevance of further scientific research in this direction.
Keywords: socialization; professional socialization; concepts of socialization; penal system officer; departmental educational organization
Senior Researcher of the Research Institute of the Federal Penal Service of Russia, Moscow, Russian Federation, Dsc. in Pedagogics, Associate Professor
, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Course Head of the Voronezh Institute of the Federal Penal Service of Russia, Voronezh, Russian Federation
, e-mail email@example.com
1. Anan’ev B. G. O psihologicheskih effektah socializacii [On the psychological effects of socialization]. Leningrad, 1971.
150 p. (In Russ.).
2. Andreeva G. M. Social’naya psihologiya [Social Psychology]. Moscow, 1997. 375 p. (In Russ.).
3. Verbickij A. A., Il’yazova M. D. Invarianty professionalizma: problemy formirovaniya [Invariants of Professionalism:
Problems of Formation]. Moscow, 2011. 288 p. (In Russ.).
4. Vetrov YU. P., Prohorova E. A. Pedagogicheskie usloviya professional’noj socializacii studentov ekonomicheskih
napravlenij podgotovki v vuze [Pedagogical conditions of professional socialization of students of economic areas of
training at a university]. Armavir, 2016. 135 p. (In Russ.).
5. Vygotskij L. S. Psihologiya razvitiya kak fenomen kul’tury [Development Psychology as a Cultural Phenomenon]. Moscow,
Voronezh, 1996. 510 p. (In Russ.).
6. Kon I. S. Sociologiya lichnosti [Sociology of personality]. Moscow, 1967. 383 p. (In Russ.).
7. Kuz’min E. S. Osnovy social’noj psihologii [Fundamentals of Social Psychology]. Leningrad, 1967. 173 p. (In Russ.).
8. Leont’ev A. N. Deyatel’nost’. Soznanie. Lichnost’ [Activity. Consciousness. Personality]. Moscow, 2005. 352 p. (In Russ.).
9. Lomov B. F. Metodologicheskie i teoreticheskie problemy sovremennoj psihologii [Methodological and theoretical
problems of modern psychology] Moscow, 1984. 432 p. (In Russ.).
10. Merlin V. S. Stanovlenie individual’nosti i socializaciya [The formation of personality and socialization]. Materialy
simpoziuma «Problemy lichnosti». Tom 1 [Materials of the Symposium «Personality Problems». Vol. 1]. Moscow, 1970,
pp. 281–291. (In Russ.).
11. Mudrik A. V. Social’naya pedagogika [Social pedagogy]. Moscow, 2000. 200 p. (In Russ.).
12. Parygin B. D. Social’naya psihologiya kak nauka [Social Psychology as a Science]. Leningrad, 1967. 208 p. (In Russ.).
13. Podlasyj I. P. Pedagogika [Pedagogics]. Moscow, 2013. 694 p. (In Russ.).
14. Polyakov A. V. Organizacionno-pedagogicheskie usloviya professional’noj socializacii molodyh sotrudnikov
ispravitel’nyh uchrezhdenij. Diss. kand. ped. nauk [Organizational and pedagogical conditions of professional socialization
of young employees of correctional institutions. Diss. PhD. in Pedagogy]. Velikiy Novgorod, 2019. 202 p. (In Russ.).
15. Slastenin V. A., Isaev I. F., SHiyanov E. N. Pedagogika [Pedagogics]. Moscow, 2013. 576 p. (In Russ.).