Introduction: the article considers legal regulation of the jurisdictional powers of special structural units of the Federal Penitentiary Service in the process of implementing control and supervisory activities in the territories and facilities of the Russian penal system. Purpose: to present theoretical and legal understanding of the implementation of control and supervisory activities in territories and objects of the Russian penal system. Methods: general scientific methods of cognition (analysis, synthesis, induction and deduction), special methods of legal science (comparative legal and normative-logical), individual private methods of social sciences. Results: the issues of combining of control and supervisory functions in the activities of special structural units of the Federal Penitentiary Service are studied, and their role as one of the main directions of administrative and legal protection of objects of the Russian penal system is indicated. The problems of legal regulation and practice of implementation of jurisdictional powers by the subjects of control and supervisory activity applicable to the sphere of execution of criminal penalties are analyzed. Conclusion: proposals regarding regulation of administrative and jurisdictional powers of special structural units of the Federal Penitentiary Service are formulated. The following characteristics of control and supervisory activities of the penal system are identified: it is carried out taking into account the specifics of the sphere of public relations in which it is implemented; it combines elements of control and supervision; it has a complex nature of action; it is carried out by specially authorized structural units of the Federal Penitentiary Service; supervisory activity is implemented within the framework of the external activities of authorized subjects of the Federal Penitentiary Service, while the control is of an intra-system (intra-departmental) nature; it is the most important form of the implementation of administrative and jurisdictional activities in the sphere of public relations under consideration.
Keywords: control and supervisory activities; administrative jurisdiction; administrative coercion; penal system; Federal Penitentiary Service; administrative liability.
Candidate of Sciences (Law), Senior Lecturer of the Department of Administrative Law Disciplines of the Law Faculty of the Vologda Institute of Law and Economics of the Federal Penitentiary Service of Russia, Vologda, Russia
, e-mail AniskinaN555@yandex.ru
Doctor of Sciences (Law), Professor, professor at the Department of Administrative Law and Procedure of the Kutafin Moscow State Law University (MSAL), Moscow, Russia
, e-mail email@example.com
1. Pomogalova Yu.V. Ensure penitentiary security by means of administrative enforcement. Ugolovno-ispolnitel’noe pravo = Penal Law, 2015, no. 2 (20), pp. 45–52. (In Russ.).
2. Shabanov V.B., Shcherbakov A.V. Theoretical and legal provisions of ensuring the security of the penal system. In: Aktual’nye voprosy obespecheniya bezopasnosti ugolovno-ispolnitel’noi sistemy: materialy mezhvuz. kruglogo stola s mezhdunar. uchastiem, Pskov, 02 dekabrya 2022 goda [Topical issues of ensuring the security of the penal system: materials of the Interuniversity round table with international participation, Pskov, December 02, 2022]. Pskov, 2022. Pp. 138–145. (In Russ.).
3. Smirnov L.B. Penitentiary security and problems of its provision. Ugolovno-ispolnitel’noe pravo = Penal Law, 2019, no. 4, pp. 326–334. (In Russ.).
4. Shcherbakov A.V. Problems of the organization of security in correctional institutions of the penal system. Chelovek: prestuplenie i nakazanie = Man: Crime and Punishment, 2011, no. 2 (73), pp. 38–41. (In Russ.).
5. Shcherbakov A.V. Problems of the organization of security in correctional institutions of the penal system. Chelovek: prestuplenie i nakazanie = Man: Crime and Punishment, 2011, no. 2 (73), pp. 38–41. (In Russ.).
6. Martynov A.V. Administrativnyi nadzor v Rossii: teoreticheskie osnovy postroeniya: monografiya [Administrative supervision in Russia: theoretical foundations of construction: monograph]. Moscow, 2017. 183 p.
7. Nozdrachev A.F., Zyryanov S.M., Kalmykova A.V. Reform of state control (supervision) in the Russian Federation. Zhurnal rossiiskogo prava =Journal of Russian Law, 2017, no. 9, pp. 34–36. (In Russ.).
8. Zubarev S.M. Sistema kontrolya v sfere gosudarstvennogo upravleniya: monogr. [Control system in the sphere of public administration: monograph]. Moscow, 2019. 150 p.
9. Hofmann C.H., Rowe G.C., Turk A.H. Administrative supervision. In: Administrative Law and Policy of the European Union. Oxford, 2011. Pp. 707–764.
10. Ardashkin V.D. Mery zashchity (presecheniya) v sovetskom administrativnom prave: dis. … kand. yurid. nauk [Measures of protection (restraint) in Soviet administrative law: Candidate of Sciences (Law) dissertation]. Sverdlovsk, 1968. 282 p.
11. Zubarev S.M. Is administrative coercion present during implementation of control, quasi-control and oversight in the public administration sphere? Vestnik Universiteta imeni O.E. Kutafina (MGYuA) = Courier of Kutafin Moscow State Law University (MSAL), 2021, no. 6 (82), pp. 23–32. (In Russ.). doi 10.17803/2311-5998.2021.82.6.023-032.
12. Vasyukhno I.O. Mery administrativno-pravovogo presecheniya, primenyaemye organami vnutrennikh del Rossiiskoi Federatsii: dis. … kand. yurid. nauk [Measures of administrative and legal restraint applied by internal affairs bodies of the Russian Federation: Candidate of Sciences (Law) dissertation]. Moscow, 2018. 184 p.
13. Daley D. Administrative responsibility and control of the bureaucracy: the dog that did not bite. State & Local Government Review, 1985, vol. 17, no. 2, pp. 195–199.
14. Aniskina N.V. Administrativnoe prinuzhdenie v ugolovno-ispolnitel’noi sisteme Rossiiskoi Federatsii: dis. … kand. yurid.
nauk [Administrative coercion in the penal system of the Russian Federation: Candidate of Sciences (Law) dissertation]. Moscow, 2021. 247 p.
15. Osnovnye pokazateli deyatel’nosti ugolovno-ispolnitel’noi sistemy FSIN Rossii (yanvar’-dekabr’ 2021): inform.-analit. sb. [Key indicators of the activity of the penal system of the Federal Penitentiary Service (January–December 2021): information and analytical collection]. Tver, 2022. 436 p.
16. Ozhegova G.A. On state coercion. Gosudarstvennaya vlast’ i mestnoe samoupravlenie = State Authorities and Local Self-Government, 2020, no. 12, pp. 22–28. (In Russ.).