The article is devoted to the issues of sports training of shooters specializing in bullet shooting. The paper presents the means and methods of sports training and determines the load and amount of training effects on the athlete. Purpose: to confirm effectiveness of the bullet shooting training program for shooters by improving periodization of the training process. Methods: theoretical analysis of literary sources; methods of synthesis and generalization; the method of mathematical statistics is the nonparametric Man-Whitney criterion. Results: the annual cycle of shooting sports training traditionally contains three macrocycles, namely the preparatory, competitive and recovery periods. The main volume of training effects occurs during the preparatory period. Distribution of mesocycles and microcycles during the preparatory period helps regulate the volume and intensity of the means and methods of technical training. The ratio of the parameters of the training work of shooters determines the structure of the technical training program. At the end of the pedagogical experiment, the subjects of the experimental group demonstrated a mathematically reliable increase in the results of shooting at the control training compared with the control group. Conclusion: when planning sports training, it is necessary to determine the place of mesocycles in the preparatory period and the place of microcycles inside mesocycles, thus ensuring the effective choice of means and methods of influencing the athlete, amount of the load and its intensity.
Keywords: Bullet shooting; technical training; preparatory period; periodization; sports cycles
Lecturer at the Department of Combat and Tactical-Special Training of the Faculty of Engineering and Economics of the Vologda Institute of Law and Economics of the Federal Penitentiary Service, Vologda, Russia
, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Doctor of Sciences (Pedagogy), Professor, Corresponding Member of the International Academy of Sciences of Pedagogical Education, Leading Researcher at the Research Center-2 of the Research Institute of the Federal Penitentiary Service of Russia,
Moscow, Russia, professor at the Department for Legal Psychology and Pedagogy of the Psychology Faculty of the Vologda Institute of Law and Economics of the Federal Penitentiary Service, Vologda, Russia
, e-mail email@example.com
1. Kuramshin Yu.F. Teoriya i metodika fizicheskoi kul’tury [Theory and Practice of Physical Education].
Moscow, 2004. 464 p.
2. Matveev L.P. Problema periodizatsii sportivnoi trenirovki [The problem of periodization of sports
training]. Moscow, 1964. 248 p.
3. Matveev L.P. On the theory of building sports training. Teoriya i praktika fizicheskoi kul’tury =
Theory and Practice of Physical Education, 1991, no. 12, pp. 11–20. (In Russ.).
4. Kholodov Zh.K., Kuznetsov V.S. Teoriya i metodika fizicheskogo vospitaniya i sporta [Theory and
methodology of physical education and sports]. Moscow, 2016. 496 p.
5. Bal’sevich V.K. Prospects for the development of the general theory and technologies of sports
training and physical education: methodological aspect. Teoriya i praktika fizicheskoi kul’tury =
Theory and Practice of Physical Education, 1999, no. 4, pp. 21–26. (In Russ.).
6. Cleckner R.M. Long Range Shooting Handbook. Scotts Valley, 2016. 330 p.
7. Platonov V.N. The theory of periodization of sports training during the year: the history of the issue,
the state, discussions, ways of modernization. Teoriya i praktika fizicheskoi kul’tury = Theory
and Practice of Physical Education, 2009, no. 9, pp. 18–34. (In Russ.).
8. Ihalainen S., Kuitunen S., Mononen K. Determinants of elite-level air rifle shooting performance.
Scandinavian Journal of Medicine & Science in Sports, 2016, no. 26, pp. 266–274.
9. Kinl’ V.A. Pulevaya strel’ba [Pistol shooting]. Moscow, 1989. 207 p.
10. Tremayne P., Barry R.J. Elite pistol shooters: physiological patterning of best vs. worst shots. International Journal of Psychophysiology, 2001, no. 41, pp. 19–29.
11. Aros’ev D.A. Issledovanie nekotorykh form postroeniya predsorevnovatel’nogo etapa trenirovki: avtoref. dis. … kand. ped. nauk [Research of some forms of construction of the pre-competitive stage of training: Candidate of Sciences (Pedagogy) dissertation abstract]. Moscow, 1969. 27 p.
12. Shilin Yu.N., Nasonova A.A. Sportivnaya pulevaya strel’ba [Sports bullet shooting]. Moscow, 2012. 316 p.
13. Konovalov V.L., Kishkin A.I., Katkanova I.N. The structure and content of the training process aimed at increasing the strength endurance of shooters in the preparatory period. Kant, 2021, no. 1 (38), pp. 263–269. (In Russ.).
14. Sabirova I.A., Zozulin S.A. Isometric exercises at the pre-competitive stage of training pistol shooters. In: Problemy teorii i metodiki fizicheskoi kul’tury i sporta, valeologii i bezopasnosti zhiznedeyatel’nosti: materialy 2 mezhdunar. nauch.-prakt. konf. [Problems of theory and methodology of physical culture and sports, valeology and life safety: proceedings of the 2nd International research and practice conference]. Voronezh, 2010. Pp. 135–138. (In Russ.).
15. Sushko A.A. Metodika fizicheskoi podgotovki kvalifitsirovannykh strelkov iz arbaleta sredstvami klassicheskoi aerobiki v podgotovitel’nom periode: dis. … kand. ped. nauk [Methods of physical training of qualified crossbow shooters by means of classical aerobics in the preparatory period: Candidate of Sciences (Pedagogy) dissertation]. Ulan-Ude, 2014. 183 p.
16. Shiyan V.V., Karazhanov B.K., Sariev K.S. Planirovanie predsorevnovatel’noi podgotovki kvalifitsirovannykh dzyudoistov [Planning of pre-competition training of qualified judoists]. Alma-Ata, 1992, 62 p.
17. Guillot A., Collet C., Molinaro C. Expertise and peripheral autonomic activity during the preparation phase in shooting events. Perceptual Motor Skills, 2004, no. 98, pp. 371–381.
18. Korkh A.Ya. Sportivnaya strel’ba [Sports shooting]. Moscow, 1987. 255 p.
19. Kalendar’ sorevnovanii po pulevoi strel’be [Calendar of bullet shooting competitions]. Available at: http://shooting-russia.ru/static/?bullet (In Russ.) (Accessed November 9, 2022).
20. Zolotarev I.B. Pulevaya strel’ba: ucheb.-metod. posob. [Pistol shooting: educational and methodical manual]. Moscow, 2011. 313 p.