Introduction: staffing the penal enforcement system of the Russian Federation is crucial for effective execution of penalties on the basis of legality and humanism principles. The Federal Penitentiary Service of Russia faces the task of replenishing its personnel, including through training of specialists in higher education institutions. Activities of professional education and vocational training organizations subordinate to the Federal Penitentiary Service of Russia to provide bodies and institutions of the penal enforcement system with skilled employees require formation of legal foundations defining critical principles of personnel training. Purpose: analysis of modern legislation and formulation of proposals for elaboration of program documents in the field of staffing the penal system. Methods: research methods include both general scientific methods (formal methods, such as induction and deduction, analysis and synthesis) and private (comparative legal). Formal methods (analysis, synthesis, induction, deduction) were used in determination of goals and objectives of the research, formulation of concepts, analysis of regulatory legal acts, development of proposals for improving legal foundations of the legal relations under consideration. The comparative legal method helped study the modern legislation system in the field of staffing the penal system. Results: the author substantiates the need to adopt a personnel policy concept – a normative legal act that enshrines basic principles of personnel policy of the penal system, and proposes its structure. It is emphasized that the personnel training strategy should become a separate element of the personnel policy concept of the Federal Penitentiary Service of the Russian Federation, with educational organizations of the Federal Penitentiary Service of Russia being its main subject. Conclusions: the strategic goal of the Russian penal system development is to boost performance of bodies and institutions executing punishment. To achieve it, the Federal Penitentiary Service of Russia seeks to fulfil one of the key tasks of forming a highly professional, stable, optimally balanced personnel composition of institutions and bodies of the penitentiary system. Educational organizations of the Federal Penitentiary Service of Russia make a significant contribution to solution of this task. For staffing of the penal enforcement system to be more effective, it is necessary to work out program documents – a personnel policy concept and personnel training strategy.
Keywords: Personnel policy; staffing; personnel training strategy; educational organizations of higher education.
Senior Lecturer of the Department of Administrative and Legal Disciplines of the Faculty of Law of the Vologda Institute of Law and Economics of the Federal Penitentiary Service of Russia, Vologda, Russia
, e-mail email@example.com
1. Bgashev M.V. Upravlencheskii slovar’. Sovremennaya upravlencheskaya nauka v ponyatiyakh i terminakh [Management dictionary. Modern management science in terms and concepts]. Saratov: Amirit, 2017. 53 p.
2. Gerber R., Yung G. Kadry v sisteme sotsial’nogo upravleniya [Personnel in the system of social management]. Moscow: Progress, 1970. 207 p.
3. Dolinin A.Yu. Development of personnel policy of the penal enforcement system and its modern content. In: Aktual’nye problemy organizatsii deyatel’nosti organov i uchrezhdenii UIS: materialy mezhvuzovskoi nauchno-prakticheskoi konferentsii, posvyashchennoi pamyati zasluzhennogo deyatelya nauki RSFSR, doktora yuridicheskikh nauk, professora A.I. Zubkova i Dnyu rossiiskoi nauki [Topical problems of organization of activities of bodies and institutions of the penal enforcement system: materials of the interuniversity research and practice conference dedicated to the memory of the Honored Scientist of the RSFSR, Doctor of Law, Professor A.I. Zubkov and the Day of Russian Science]. Ryazan: Akademiya prava i upravleniya Federal’noi sluzhby ispolneniya nakazanii, 2017. Pp. 67–75. (In Russ.).
4. Dolinin A.Yu. Strategies for the management of personnel risks of the penal system. Vestnik Kuzbasskogo instituta=Bulletin of the Kuzbass Institute, 2018, no. 2 (35), pp. 116–120. (In Russ.).
5. Dolinin A.Yu. The essential semantic characteristics of the concept the personnel capacity of the penal system. Chelovek: prestuplenie i nakazanie=Man: Crime and Punishment, 2016, no. 3 (94), pp. 7–77. (In Russ.).
6. Zybin S.F., Stremukhov A.V. Nauchnye osnovy organizatsionno-pravovoi raboty s kadrami organov vnutrennikh del: monografiya [Scientific foundations of organizational and legal work with personnel of internal affairs bodies: monograph]. Saint Petersburg: Sankt-Peterburgskii yuridicheskii institut, 1994. 94.p.
7. Kostennikov M.V., Kurakin A.V. Legal and organizational fundamentals of HR policy in system of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Russia. Administrativnoe pravo i protsess=Administrative Law and Procedure, 2017, no. 7, pp. 20–25. (In Russ.).
8. Kurtikov N.A. Sotsial’nyi ob”ekt upravleniya – kollektiv [Social object of management – a team]. Moscow: Moskovskii rabochii, 1974. 190 p.
9. Loit Kh.Kh. Gosudarstvennaya kadrovaya politika v Rossii i ee realizatsiya v organakh vnutrennikh del (istoricheskii i organizatsionno-pravovoi aspekt): dis. … dokt. yurid. nauk [State personnel policy in Russia and its implementation in the internal affairs bodies (historical and organizational-legal aspect): Doctor of Sciences (Law) dissertation]. Saint Petersburg, 1998. 370 p.
10. Motorova N.V. Interaction of educational organizations with territorial bodies for implementation of personnel policy of the Federal Penitentiary Service of Russia. In: IV Mezhdunarodnyi penitentsiarnyi forum “Prestuplenie, nakazanie, ispravlenie”: sbornik tezisov vystuplenii i dokladov uchastnikov, k 140-letiyu ugolovno-ispolnitel’noi sistemy Rossii i 85-letiyu Akademii FSIN Rossii: materialy mezhdunarodnykh nauchnoprakticheskikh konferentsii. V 10 tomakh. Tom 7 [4 international penitentiary forum “Crime, Punishment, Correction”: collection of abstracts of speeches and reports of participants, to the 140th anniversary of the penal system of Russia and the 85th anniversary of the Academy of the Federal Penitentiary Service of Russia: materials of international scientific and practical conferences. In 10 volumes. Vol. 7]. Ryazan: Akademiya FSIN Rossii, 2019. Pp. 29–34. (in Russ.).
11. Nagornykh R.V. To the question of forming and implementing the personnel policy of public administration in the law enforcement system of Russia. In: Problemy pravovogo regulirovaniya i organizatsii kadrovogo obespecheniya deyatel’nosti ugolovnoispolnitel’noi sistemy: sbornik materialov mezhdunarodnogo nauchno-prakticheskogo seminara (25 aprelya 2007 goda) [Problems of legal regulation and organization of staffing of activities of the penal enforcement system: collection of materials of the international research and practice seminar (April 25, 2007)]. Vologda: VIPE FSIN Rossii, 2007. Pp. 3–8. (In Russ.).
12. Osnovnye pokazateli deyatel’nosti ugolovno-ispolnitel’noi sistemy (yanvar’ – dekabr’ 2018 g.): informatsionno-analiticheskii sbornik [Key performance indicators of the penal enforcement system (January – December 2018): information and analytical collection]. Tver’: FKU NIIT FSIN Rossii, 2019. 294 p.
13. Osnovnye pokazateli deyatel’nosti ugolovno-ispolnitel’noi sistemy (yanvar’ – dekabr’ 2019 g.): informatsionno-analiticheskii sbornik [Key performance indicators of the penal enforcement system (January – December 2019): information and analytical collection]. Tver’: FKU NIIT FSIN Rossii, 2020. 325 p.
14. Osnovnye pokazateli deyatel’nosti ugolovno-ispolnitel’noi sistemy (yanvar’ – dekabr’ 2020 g.): informatsionno-analiticheskii sbornik [Key performance indicators of the penal enforcement system (January – December 2020): information and analytical collection]. Tver’: FKU NIIT FSIN Rossii, 2021. 386 p.
15. Parshakov A.V. Some aspects of the formation of the personnel of the penal enforcement system. In: III Mezhdunarodnyi penitentsiarnyi forum “Prestuplenie, nakazanie, ispravlenie” (k 20-letiyu vstupleniya v silu Ugolovno-ispolnitel’nogo kodeksa Rossiiskoi Federatsii): sbornik tezisov vystuplenii i dokladov uchastnikov. V 8-mi tomakh. Tom 8 [3 International penitentiary forum “Crime, Punishment, correction” (to the 20th anniversary of the entry into force of the Penal Enforcement Code of the Russian Federation): collection of abstracts of speeches and reports of participants. In 8 volumes. Vol. 8]. Ryazan: Akademiya prava i upravleniya Federal’noi sluzhby ispolneniya nakazanii, 2017. Pp. 96–100. (In Russ.).
16. Raizberg B.A., Lozovskii L.Sh., Starodubtseva E.B. Sovremennyi ekonomicheskii slovar’ [Modern economic dictionary]. Moscow: INFRA-M, 2017. 512 p.
17. Rozenbaum Yu.A. Formirovanie upravlencheskikh kadrov. Sotsial’no-pravovye problemy [Formation of managerial personnel. Social and legal problems]. Moscow: Nauka, 1982. 230 p.
18. Sivakov Yu.L. On the need to update problems of personnel policy in the penal system of the Republic of Belarus. Vestnik Akademii MVD Respubliki Belarus’=Bulletin of the Academy of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of the Republic of Belarus, 2015, no. 1 (29), pp. 53–57.
19. Brief characteristics of the penal enforcement system. Federal’naya sluzhba ispolneniya nakazanii Rossiiskoi Federatsii: ofitsial’nyi sait [Federal Penitentiary Service of the Russian Federation: official website]. Available at: https://fsin.gov.ru/structure/inspector/iao/statistika/Kratkaya%20har-ka%20UIS/ (In Russ.). (Accessed February 3, 2022).
20. Shalaev V.A. Topical problems of the system of professional orientation and professional training of personnel in the penal system of modern Russia. Izvestiya RGPU im. A.I. Gertsena=Izvestia: Herzen University Journal of Humanities & Sciences, 2009, no. 106, pp. 202–207. (In Russ.).
21. Shirshov S. Staffing as one of the key issues of service activities of units of the penal system. Vedomosti ugolovno-ispolnitel’noi sistemy=Statements of the penal system, 2006, no. 2, pp. 10–15. (In Russ.).
22. Shcherbakov G.V., Dolinin A.Yu. Personnel policy and effective management of the personnel of the Department of Educational Organizations FPS of Russia. Chelovek: prestuplenie i nakazanie=Man: Punishment and Crime, 2016, no. 2 (93), pp. 53–58. (In Russ.).
23. Yalunin V.U. Reforma ugolovno-ispolnitel’noi sistemy sovremennoi Rossii: problemy, tendentsii, perspektivy: dis. … kand. yur. nauk [Reform of the penal system of modern Russia: problems, trends, prospects: Candidate of Sciences (Law) dissertation]. Moscow, 2004. 248 p.
24. Yatskov V.A. Kadrovaya politika KPSS: opyt i problemi [Personnel policy of the CPSU: experience and problems]. Moscow: Mysl’, 1986. 315 p. Available at: https://books.google.ru/books?hl=ru&id=evhLAAAAMAAJ&focus=searchwithinvolume&q (Accessed December 25, 2021).