Introduction: the article considers one of the urgent issues of legal psychology – the disclosure of the mechanisms of psychological stability in employees of security department of correctional institutions. Since the professional activity of security department employees has a sociogenic and stressful nature due to a number of parameters, the predominance of the impact of stress factors over the mechanisms of mental stability in many cases leads to negative implications such as the development of psychological burnout, social maladjustment and personality deformation. Aim: to determine internal mechanisms that reduce adaptive capabilities and factors that promote them, to study the features of psychological resistance to the action of social and stress factors in the security department employees, depending on the length of their service. Methods: we study the mechanisms of psychological stability of employees and the parameters of models of stress states with the use of the following methods: “Neuropsychic stability” (“Forecast”) technique developed by V.Yu. Rybnikov (1990), a method for assessing professional burnout developed by C. Maslach and S. Jackson (1986), innovative multifactor methods for assessing basic professional typologies of stress and spirituality of an individual according to K.B. Malyshev (2021). Conclusions: the results of the study show that social stress among security personnel is one of the most traumatic forms of stress and it corresponds to the concept of professional stress. Moreover, the essence of the concept of psychological stability is associated with the study of subjective features of the phenomenon of disequilibrium of life activity – stress. Stress reflects the entire range of basic conditions – health and development, maladjustment and pathology. The data obtained in the study indicate the disharmonic nature of psychological adaptability (pseudo-adaptation) to the action of social stressors in employees with ten years of service experience. At the same time, the majority of respondents, in contrast to employees with a period in service of up to five years, have basic professional types of stress and spirituality, which indicates a low level of their socio-moral value orientations. This makes it necessary to develop innovative approaches to the prevention of professional stress and burnout among employees at all stages of their professional activity on the basis of the subjectsubject paradigm in the development of the intention to form spiritual and moral values in an individual.
Keywords: adaptation; basic profile of types of professional spirituality; basic profile of types of professional stress; inner world; correctional institutions; personality; multi-factor analysis; negative emotional states; professional burnout; penitentiary institutions; professional activity; mental and psychological stability; mental resources; coping behavior; social and professional stress; stressors; stress resistance; security department employees; consistency; terms of service; theory of functional systems according to P.K. Anokhin; penal system.
Chief of the Department of Legal Psychology and Pedagogy of the Psychological Faculty of the Vologda Institute of Law and Economics of the Federal Penal Service of Russia, PhD. in Psychology.
, e-mail email@example.com
Professor of the Chair for Legal Psychology and Pedagogics
of the Vologda Institute of Law and Economics of the Federal Penal Service of
Russia, Doctor in Medicine
, e-mail xydognikAM@yandex.ru
Vologda Institute of Law and Economics of FSIN Russia, Vologda, Russian Federation
, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Doctor of Sciences (Psychology), Associate Professor, professor at the Department of Legal Psychology and Pedagogy, Psychological Faculty, Vologda Institute of Law and Economics of FSIN Russia, Vologda, Russian Federation
, e-mail email@example.com
1. Anokhin P.K. Uzlovye voprosy teorii funktsional’nykh sistem [Key issues of the theory of functional systems]. Moscow: Nauka, 1980. 196 p.
2. Ganzen V.A. Sistemnye opisaniya v psikhologii [System descriptions in psychology]. Leningrad: Leningrad, 1984. 176 p.
3. Dolgova V.I., Vasilenko E.A. Social stress as a factor maladjustment personality. Sovremennye naukoemkie tekhnologii=Modern High Technologies, 2016, no. 8-2, pp. 303–306. (In Russ.).
4. Zhuravleva N.A. Psikhologiya sotsial’nykh izmenenii: tsennostnyi podkhod [Psychology of social changes: value-based approach]. Moscow: Institut psikhologii RAN, 2019. 528 p.
5. Zinchenko V.P. Soznanie i tvorcheskii akt [Consciousness and creative act]. Moscow: Yazyki slavyanskikh kul’tur, 2010. 592 p.
6. Kadochnikova I.V., Sergienko E.A. Subjective and personal changes in the employees of the penitentiary system. Mir nauki. Pedagogika i psikhologiya=World of Science. Pedagogy and Psychology, 2020, vol. 8, no. 1, p. 49. (In Russ.).
7. Kozyreva T.S. Strukturnye komponenty identichnosti lichnosti s priznakami posttravmaticheskikh stressovykh sostoyanii: na primere sotrudnikov uchrezhdenii ugolovno-ispolnitel’noi sistemy: dissertatsiya na soiskanie uchenoi stepeni kandidata nauk [Structural components of personality identity with signs of post-traumatic stress states: on the example of employees of institutions of the penal system: Candidate of Sciences (Psychology) dissertation]. Novosibirsk, 2009. 215 p.
8. Kopylova T.V. “Emotional burnout” as a form of professional deformation of the personality of an employee of the penal system. Pedagogika v pravookhranitel’nykh organakh=Pedagogy in the Law Enforcement Agencies, 2003, no. 1, pp. 13– 15. (In Russ.).
9. Krapivina O.V. Emotsional’noe vygoranie kak forma professional’noi deformatsii u penitentsiarnykh sluzhashchikh: dissertatsiya na soiskanie uchenoi stepeni kandidata psikhologicheskikh nauk [Emotional burnout as a form of professional deformation in correctional staff: Candidate of Sciences (Psychology) dissertation]. Tambov, 2004. 200 p.
10. Leont’ev D.A. Spirituality, self-regulation and values. Izvestiya Yuzhnogo federal’nogo universiteta. Tekhnicheskie nauki=“Izvestiya SfedU. Engineering Sciences, 2005, no. 7, pp. 16–21. (In Russ.).
11. Malyshev K.B., Malysheva O.A. Osnovy psikhoalgebry [Fundamentals of psychoalgebra]. Kursk, 2021. 157 p.
12. Oboturova N.S., Chirkov A.M. Filosofsko-antropologicheskie osnovaniya metodologii psikhoterapii osuzhdennykh: monografiya [Philosophical and anthropological foundations of the methodology of psychotherapy of convicts: monograph]. Vologda: VIPE FSIN Rossii, 2019. 186 p.
13. Raspopin E.V. Psikhologicheskaya ustoichivost’ k vneshnim i vnutrennim istochnikam stressa: na primere sotrudnikov ugolovno-ispolnitel’noi sistemy: dissertatsiya na soiskanie uchenoi stepeni kandidata psikhologicheskikh nauk [Psychological resistance to external and internal sources of stress: on the example of employees of the penal system: Candidate of Sciences (Psychology) dissertation]. Yekaterinburg, 2013. 190 p.
14. Rozhkov O.A. Motivatsionnye determinanty professional’noi deformatsii sotrudnikov ugolovno-ispolnitel’noi sistemy: dissertatsiya na soiskanie uchenoi stepeni kandidata psikhologicheskikh nauk [Motivational determinants of professional deformation of employees of the penal system: Candidate of Sciences (Psychology) dissertation]. Ryazan, 2013. 219 p.
15. Samoilik N.A., Klimova N.V. Spiritual and moral foundations of professional and value-based orientations of employees of the penal system. In: Sovremennaya psikhologiya: materialy IV Mezhdunarodnoi nauchnoi konferentsii (g. Kazan’, oktyabr’ 2016 g.) [Modern psychology: proceedings of the 4th International Scientific Conference (Kazan, October 2016)]. Kazan: Buk, 2016. Pp. 37–40. (In Russ.).
16. Trofimova E.L. Professional transformations of detention centers officers. Psikhologiya v ekonomike i upravlenii=Psychology in Economics and Management, 2016, vol. 8, no. 1-2, pp. 36–42. (In Russ.).
17. Tyulyupergeneva R.Zh. Vliyanie defitsitarnykh psikhicheskikh sostoyanii na formirovanie professional’noi deformatsii lichnosti sotrudnikov pravookhranitel’nykh organov: na primere Respubliki Kazakhstan: avtoreferat dissertatsii na soiskanie uchenoi stepeni kandidata psikhologicheskikh nauk [Impact of defiсiency mental states on the development of professional deformation of the personality of law enforcement officers: case study of the Republic of Kazakhstan: Candidate of Sciences (Psychology) dissertation abstract]. Moscow, 2017. 196 p.
18. Cherkasova M.A., Pozdnyakov V.M. Psikhologicheskii monitoring professional’nogo vygoraniya sotrudnikov ugolovnoispolnitel’noi sistemy Rossii: monografiya [Psychological monitoring of professional burnout of employees of the penal system of Russia: monograph]. Vologda: VIPE FSIN Rossii, 2016. 135 p.