With the help of the law it is impossible to solve all problems in society. Law has limits of regulatory influence. Particularly it is necessary to use the legal tools among prisoners, where law as a regulator is most vulnerable. Here it is impossible to act without social regulators of a different kind: customs, corporate norms, moral norms, religious norms. Do not forget about the means of psychological and pedagogical influence that accompany the action of social regulators and are able to strengthen the effect of their application. The study of the limits of legal regulation is very informative through the problems of legal regimes, and in the penal sphere – penal regimes. Despite some attention to the issue of legal regimes on the pages of educational literature their cognitive-regulatory potential is used inefficiently. Analysis of approaches to the definition of the concept of «legal regime» and its specific phenomenon – the penal regime – indicates the expediency of including in the definition as an essential indication of the creation of conditions for achieving certain goals. In this combination the regulatory impact of the legal regime loses its illusory quality. Achieving the main goal of law – the protection and regulation of social relations – is possible only in conditions of effective social interaction. Convicts need to be actively involved in interaction with the administration to solve social and domestic issues. Communication in the «not allowed» mode will not contribute to the goals of the execution of punishments, will cause only the rejection and deterioration of the negotiating positions. K e y w o r d s : legal regime; penal regime; educational and legal impact; interdisciplinary interaction; mechanism of legal regulation; the purpose of punishment; criteria for correcting the convicted person.
Keywords: legal regime; penal regime; educational and legal impact; interdisciplinary
interaction; mechanism of legal regulation; the purpose of punishment; criteria for
correcting the convicted person.
Professor of the Department of
Personality Psychology and Special Pedagogy of the
Vladimir State University named after Alexander and Nikolay
Stoletovs, Professor of the Department of Psychology
and Pedagogy of Professional Activity of the Vladimir Law
Institute of the Federal Penal Service of Russia, Vladimir,
Russian Federation, Dsc. in Pedagogics, PhD. in Law,
, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Associate Professor of the Department of Theory and
History of State and Law of the Vladimir Branch of the Russian Academy of
National Economy and Public Administration under the President of the Russian
Federation, Associate Professor of the Department of Public Law at the Faculty of
Law and Administration of the Vladimir Law Institute of the Federal Penal Service
of Russia, PhD. in Law
, e-mail email@example.com
1. Alekseev S. S. Obshchie dozvoleniya i obshchie zaprety v sovetskom prave [General permissions and general prohibitions
in Soviet law]. Moscow, 1989. 288 p. (In Russ.).
2. Lapshin V. F. Istinnaya cel’ ugolovnogo nakazaniya i kriterii ee dostizhimosti [The real purpose of criminal punishment and
the criteria for its attainability]. ZHurn. ros. prava – Journal of Russian Law. 2018. Iss. 5. P. 75–85. (In Russ.).
3. Mailyan S. S. Administrativno-pravovye rezhimy v teorii administrativnogo prava i praktike gosudarstvennogo upravleniya
pravoohranitel’noj deyatel’nost’yu : monogr. [Administrative and legal regimes in the theory of administrative law and
practice of state administration of law enforcement activities : monograph]. Moscow, 2002. 214 p. (In Russ.).
4. Mal’ko A. V. Stimuly i ogranicheniya v prave [Incentives and restrictions in the law]. Moscow, 2005. 250 p. (In Russ.).
5. Matuzov N. I., Mal’ko A. V. Teoriya gosudarstva i prava : ucheb. [Theory of State and Law : textbook]. Moscow, 2014.
528 p. (In Russ.).
6. Ol’hovik N. V. Rezhim ispytaniya pri uslovnom osuzhdenii [Test mode with conditional conviction]. Tomsk, 2005. 180 p.
7. Poznyshev S. V. Osnovy penitenciarnoj nauki [Fundamentals of penitentiary science]. Moscow, 1923. 342 p. (In Russ.).
8. Sovetskij ehnciklopedicheskij slovar’ [Soviet Encyclopedic Dictionary]. Moscow, 1981. 1600 p. (In Russ.).
9. Sovetskoe ispolnitel’no-trudovoe pravo. Osobennaya chast’ : ucheb. dlya slushatelej vuzov MVD SSSR / pod red.
N. A. Struchkova, V. A. Fefelova [Soviet executive labor law. Special part : textbook for students of high schools of the
Ministry of Internal Affairs of the USSR : ed. by N. A. Struchkov, V. A. Fefelov]. Ryazan, 1987. 624 p. (In Russ.).
10. Teoriya gosudarstva i prava : ucheb. dlya yurid. vuzov i fak. / pod red. V. M. Korel’skogo i V. D. Perevalova [The theory
of state and law : textbook for law schools and faculties : ed. by V. M. Korelsky and V. D. Perevalov]. Moscow, 1998. 616 p.