For the penal system of Russia an urgent problem is the scientifically based support of the process of granting of parole of convicts sentenced to life imprisonment. Deformations of the semantic sphere of a criminal personality and a long period of stay in social isolation significantly complicate the process of resocialization of convicts of this category. The readiness of the convicted person to return to a law-abiding life in society depends on the content of his value-semantic sphere, and therefore the formation of life-meaning orientations can be considered as one of the indicators of the degree of readiness for life in freedom. The results of a study on the content of the characteristics of life-meaning orientations of life convicts belonging to different age groups allowed them to state a low level of general meaningfulness of life, narrowness and weak structured meaning of life, little mediating the meaning of life by life goals and plans. Convicted persons of mature age are characterized by low activity in the implementation of the meaning of life and its focus on past events. Most convicts do not want to think about the future, they do not feel foothold and are hopeless. It was concluded that it is necessary to develope and test psychocorrectional programs for the forming the semantic sphere and the semantic regulation of the life course of this category of convicts. Particular attention should be paid to correcting the semantic deformations of the subjective picture of the life course, working to clarify the system of life goals, expectations and desires, expanding and enriching the meaning of life course new sources.
Senior Lecturer at the Department of the Organization of Psychological Service in the Penal System of the Vologda Institute of Law and Economics of the Federal Penal Service of Russia, PhD. in Psychology
, e-mail email@example.com
1. Babayan S. L. K voprosu o postpenitenciarnoj resocializacii [On the issue of post-penal resocialization]. Vestn. inta: prestuplenie, nakazanie, ispravlenie – Bulletin of the Institute: crime, punishment, correction. 2016. Iss. 4 (36).
P. 13–19. (In Russ.).
2. Golodov P. V. Sredstva ispravleniya osuzhdennyh: problemy klassifikacii i pravovoj reglamentacii [Means of correction of
convicts: problems of classification and legal regulation]. Vestn. in-ta: prestuplenie, nakazanie, ispravlenie – Bulletin of the
Institute: crime, punishment, correction. 2016. Iss. 2 (34). P. 30–34. (In Russ.).
3. Ekimova V. I., Kokurina I. V., Kokurin A. V. Osuzhdennye k pozhiznennomu lisheniyu svobody: social’no-demograficheskaya,
medicinskaya, ugolovno-pravovaya i ugolovno-ispolnitel’naya harakteristika, a takzhe osobennosti psihologicheskogo
soprovozhdeniya [Prisoners sentenced to life imprisonment: socio-demographic, medical, criminal-legal and criminalexecutive characteristics, as well as features of psychological support]. Psihologiya i pravo – Psychology and law. 2014.
Iss. 1. P. 59–72. (In Russ.).
4. Karpinskij K. V. Psihologicheskaya korrekciya smyslovoj regulyacii zhiznennogo puti deviantnoj lichnosti [Psychological
correction of semantic regulation of life path of deviant personality.]. Grodno, 2002. 139 p. (In Russ.).
5. Stukanov V. G. Psihologicheskie osobennosti pravosoznaniya osuzhdennyh k pozhiznennomu zaklyucheniyu
[Psychological characteristics of justice sentenced to life imprisonment]. Vestn. in-ta: prestuplenie, nakazanie, ispravlenie
– Bulletin of the Institute: crime, punishment, correction. 2015. Iss. 3 (31). P. 72–75. (In Russ.).
6. Suchkova E. L., SHtefan E. F. Psihologicheskaya korrekciya cennostno-smyslovoj sfery osuzhdennyh, vpervye
otbyvayushchih nakazanie v vide lisheniya svobody [Psychological correction of value-semantic sphere of convicts serving
their first sentence in the form of imprisonment]. Vestn. in-ta: prestuplenie, nakazanie, ispravlenie – Bulletin of the Institute:
crime, punishment, correction. 2015. Iss. 1 (29). P. 58–62. (In Russ.).
7. Suchkova E. L. Psihologiya pravosoznaniya osuzhdennyh : monogr. [Psychology of legal consciousness of convicts :
monograph]. Vologda, 2017. 183 p. (In Russ.).