The article is devoted to the analysis of the current state of psychotherapy of convicts. The most significant reasons for its lack of effectiveness are identified, the most important of which is the lag in the development of the theoretical base, which levels the implementation of practice-oriented activities of the psychological service. It is shown that the important factors of using ineffective symptomatic intervention instead of adequate etiopathogenetic psychotherapy, addressed to the analysis of the phenomenon “mental” on the spiritual, mental and physical levels of a person, were unwarranted borrowing of foreign psychotechnical tools and penological standards without taking into account the national mentality. The necessity of further theoretical understanding of the problem of the mechanisms of stress adaptation of convicts and the negative role in the process of re-socialization of the psychic personality disorders of the convicted persons, as well as their decompensation under the influence of penitentiary stress is substantiated. Analyzed are the promising ways of solving the existing problems that impede the resocialization of convicts, the main of which is the creation of a methodological basis for psychotherapy based on a synthesis of the achievements of modern philosophical anthropology with other fields of natural and human sciences. The role of an interdisciplinary approach to the analysis of the inner world of a person is substantiated by incorporating into the theoretical arsenal of psychotherapy the principles, paradigms and provisions of postnon-classical science, its correlation with theological views on the nature of human spirituality. The development of the regulation of the degree of stress states with the aim of spiritual transformation of the inner world of convicts is recognized as a current trend.
Keywords: psychotherapy of convicts; adaptation; maladjustment; inner world;
decompensation; spiritual deficiency; spirituality; cultural crisis; interdisciplinary
approach; paradigms and principles of post-non-classical science; penitentiary
stress; psyche; mental personality disorders; psychopathology; psychic mixtes; crime;
penitentiary psychology; correctional facilities; psychology; psychological theories; postclassical science; penitentiary psychotherapy methodology; worldview; right; principle of
non-causality; hierarchy principle; programs and methods of psychotherapy of convicts;
convicts; resocialization; symptomatic intervention; stressful events and conditions;
synthesis; reduced stress tolerance; consciousness; coping behavior patterns;
theology; traditional culture; etiopathogenetic psychotherapy; factors and problems of
psychotherapy; philosophical anthropology
Professor of the Department of Philosophy and History of the Vologda Institute of Law and Economics of the Federal Penal Service of Russia, Dsc. in Philosophy, Associate Professor, Full member of the International Academy of Ecology and Life Safety
, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Professor of the Department of Legal Psychology and Pedagogics of the the Vologda Institute of Law and Economics of the Federal Penal Service of Russia, Dsc. in Medicine, Full Member of the International Academy of Sciences of Ecology and Life Safety
, e-mail email@example.com
1. Baburin S. V., Oboturova N. S., CHirkov A. M. Metodologicheskie podhody k probleme psihologicheskogo stressa u
sotrudnikov ispravitel’nyh uchrezhdenij i osuzhdennyh [Methodological approaches to the problem of psychological stress
in correctional officers and convicts]. Priklad. yurid. psihologiya – Applied legal psychology. 2014. Iss. 3. (In Russ.).
2. Baburin S. V., CHirkov A. M. Problemy stressa i adaptacii v penitenciarnoj psihologii [Problems of stress and adaptation
in penitentiary psychology]. Vestn. in-ta: prestuplenie, nakazanie, ispravlenie – Bulletin of the Institute: crime, punishment,
correction. 2014. Iss. 25. (In Russ.).
3. Baburin S. V., CHirkov A. M. Psihologo-pedagogicheskie osnovy penitenciarnoj psihologii : ucheb. posobie [Psychological
and pedagogical bases of penitentiary psychology : tutorial]. Vologda, 2014. 576 p. (In Russ.).
4. Didenko A. V. Rasstrojstva lichnosti u osuzhdennyh, otbyvayushchih nakazaniya v mestah lisheniya svobody : ucheb.
posobie / pod obshch. red. V. YA. Semke [Personality disorders in convicted prisoners who are serving sentences in places
of Imprisonment : tutorial : ed. by V. Ya Semke]. Tomsk, 2010. 240 p. (In Russ.).
5. Korel’ V. Sociologiya adaptacij: voprosy teorii, metodologii i metodiki [Sociology of adaptations: issues of theory,
methodology and methodology]. Novosibirsk, 2005. P. 95. (In Russ.).
6. Nagornyh R. V. Administrativno-pravovoe regulirovanie gosudarstvennoj sluzhby Rossijskoj Federacii v pravoohranitel’noj
sfere : avtoref. dis. … d-ra yurid. nauk [Administrative and legal regulation of the state service of the Russian Federation in
the field of law enforcement : the author’s abstract of the diss. ... Dsc. in Law]. Moscow, 2017. (In Russ.).
7. Oboturova N. S., CHirkov A. M. Filosofsko-antropologicheskie osnovy psihoterapii osuzhdennyh [The philosophicalanthropological foundations of psychotherapy convicts]. Vestn. in-ta: prestuplenie, nakazanie, ispravlenie – Bulletin of the
Institute: crime, punishment, correction. 2018. Iss. 2 (42). (In Russ.).
8. Osnovnye pokazateli deyatel’nosti ugolovno-ispolnitel’noj sistemy (yanvar’–dekabr’ 2017 g.) : inform.-analit. sb. [Key
performance indicators of the Penal system (January–December 2017) : information and analytical collection]. Tver, 2018.
358 p. (In Russ.).
9. Pozdnyakov V. M. Aktual’nye problemy penitenciarnoj psihologii kak nauki i oblasti psihopraktiki [Actual problems of
penitentiary psychology as a science and the field of psychological practice]. YUrid. psihologiya – Legal psychology. 2015.
Iss. 2. P. 3–8. (In Russ.).
10. Pozdnyakov V. M. Reforma ugolovno-ispolnitel’noj sistemy Rossii i novye zadachi penitenciarnoj psihologii [Reform of
the penitentiary system of Russia and new tasks of penitentiary psychology]. Psihopedagogika v pravoohranit. organah –
Psychopedagogics in law enforcement agencies. 2012. Iss. 2 (49). ). (In Russ.).
11. Sochivko D. V. Duhovno orientirovannyj podhod v ramkah geshtal’t-terapii: formirovanie ponyatijnogo apparata
[Spiritually-oriented approach within Gestalt therapy: formation of conceptual apparatus]. Konsul’tativ. psihologiya i
psihoterapiya – Counseling psychology and psychotherapy. 2008. Iss. 3. P. 19–35. (In Russ.).
12. CHirkov A. M. Polimodal’naya psihoterapiya associacii stressovyh i psihicheskih lichnostnyh rasstrojstv [Polymodal
psychotherapy Association of stress and mental personality disorders]. Vestn. in-ta: prestuplenie, nakazanie, ispravlenie –
Bulletin of the Institute: crime, punishment, correction. 2017. Iss 1 (37). P. 67–71. (In Russ.).
13. CHirkov A. M. Sistemogenez stressovoj adaptacii osuzhdennyh [The stress system Genesis adaptation of convicts].
Psihopedagogika v pravoohranit. organah – Psychopedagogics in law enforcement agencies. 2018. Iss. 1 (72). P. 40. (In