The article is devoted to the study of the causes and conditions of the commission of mass disorders by convicts held in places of deprivation of liberty. The purpose of the study is to propose measures of organizational, legal and preventive nature to counter mass disorders based on the identified patterns in the behavior of convicts who are prone to committing them. The article analyzes the experimental data obtained during the study of the sociopsychological characteristics of convicts through the prism of which reveals the causes and conditions conducive to the commission of disorders in penal institutions. Examples and proposals for accounting for foreign and domestic retrospective experience of encouraging law-abiding behavior among convicts while serving their sentences in places of detention are given. The main provisions of the article represent the author’s vision of the problem points in the preventive activities of correctional institutions, which contribute to the commission of mass disorders by groups of convicts of negative orientation. The author has drawn conclusions the results of which are presented in objectified proposals to alleviate the causes and conditions conducive to the commission of mass disorders in the penal institutions of the Federal Penal Service of Russia.
Adjunct of the Department of Criminal Law and Criminology of Krasnodar University of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Russia
, e-mail email@example.com
1. Antonyan YU. M., Enikeev M. I., EHminov V. E. Psihologiya prestupleniya i nakazaniya [Psychology of crime and
punishment]. Moscow, 2000. 451 p. (In Russ.).
2. Bulatov R. M. Preodolevaya navyazannye stereotipy: social’noe i biologicheskoe v pravonarushayushchem povedenii:
teoretiko-ehksperimental’nyj aspect [Overcoming imposed stereotypes: social and biological in offending behavior:
theoretical and experimental aspect]. Kazan, 2014. 100 p. (In Russ.).
3. Gromov V. G. Massovye besporyadki kak chrezvychajnoe sobytie v mestah lisheniya svobody [Riots as an extraordinary
event in places of deprivation of liberty]. Problemy sovershenstvovaniya pravovyh osnov deyatel’nosti organov,
ispolnyayushchih nakazaniya : tr. Akademii MVD Rossii – Problems of improving the legal framework of the bodies executing
punishment : Proceedings оf the Academy of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Russia. Moscow, 1995. P. 75–85. (In Russ.).
4. Zlokazov K. V. Konstruirovanie identichnosti i kriminalizaciya lichnosti : monogr. [The construction of identity and the
criminalization of the personality : monograph]. Ekaterinburg, 2017. 142 p. (In Russ.).
5. O probacii : zakon Respubliki Kazahstan ot 30.12.2016 № 38-ZRK [On probation : law of the Republic of Kazakhstan from
30.12.2016 № 38-LRK]. Availablе at: http: //adilet.zan.kz/rus/docs/Z1600000038 (In Russ.).
6. Pochemu zaklyuchennye v brazil’skih tyur’mah tak mnogo chitayut [Why prisoners in Brazilian prisons read so much].
Availablе at: http: http://www.meta.kz/interesnie-fakti/826121-pochemu-zaklyuchennye-v-brazilskih-tyurmah-takmnogo-chitayut.html (In Russ.).
7. Prigovor Krasnokamenskogo gorodskogo suda (Zabajkal’skogo kraya) ot 23.07.2012 po delu № 1-283/2012 [The
verdict of the Krasnokamensk city court (Zabaikalsky Krai) from 23.07.2012 in the case № 1-283/2012]. Availablе at: http://
sudact.ru/regular/doc/8YdDz6hEiWH5 (accessed ). (In Russ.).
8. Starkov O. V. Preduprezhdenie prestuplenij : ucheb. posobie [Crime prevention : tutorial]. Moscow, 2005. 284 p. (In Russ.).
9. Hohrin S. A. Massovye besporyadki, sovershaemye osuzhdennymi v ispravitel’nyh uchrezhdeniyah (ugolovno-pravovoj i
kriminologicheskij aspekty) : dis. ... kand. yurid. nauk [Mass riots committed by convicts in correctional institutions (criminal
law and criminological aspects) : the diss. ... PhD. in Law]. Ryazan, 2011. 212 p. (In Russ.).
10. «YA zhivu sredi temnyh dikarej»: 125 let nazad rodilsya Anton Makarenko [«I live among the dark savages»: Anton
Makarenko was born 125 years ago]. Availablе at: http://www.aif.by/timefree/history/_ya_zhivu_sredi_temnyh_
dikarey_125_let_nazad_rodilsya_anton_makarenko (In Russ.).