The need to protect human rights and freedoms may arise at any stage of activity. It is especially important to do this when applying measures of state coercion, including when detaining and initiating a criminal case, since, in our opinion, the suspects and the accused are the most vulnerable category of citizens. Officials must adequately respond to the words of the suspect, his changing mood, various tricks, etc. At the same time a ban on unauthorized methods of interrogation should be observed. The use of coercive tactics compromises the work of law enforcement agencies, reduces trust and respect for officials.
Keywords: coercion, testimony; officials; rights and freedoms; violations;
suspected; interrogation; torture; mockery; violence; questioning; law enforcement
Head of the Department of State and Law of the Abkhaz State University, PhD. in Law, Associate Professor
, e-mail email@example.com
1. Buneva I. YU. Opredelenie kruga poterpevshih v stat’e 302 UK RF [Definition of victims in article 302 of the Criminal Code
of the Russian Federation]. Ugolovnoe pravo i sovremennost’ : mezhvuz. sb. nauch. tr. Vyp. 4. – Criminal law and modernity :
interuniversity collection of scientific works. Iss. 4. Krasnoyarsk, 2000. P. 117–122. (In Russ.).
2. Vasil’ev A. N. Problemy metodiki rassledovaniya otdel’nyh vidov prestuplenij [Problems of methods of investigation of
certain types of crimes]. Moscow, 2002. (In Russ.).
3. Gorelik A. S., Lobanova L. V. Prestupleniya protiv pravosudiya [Crime against justice]. St. Petersburg, 2005. (In Russ.).
4. Dzidzariya B. YU. Ugolovno-pravovaya zashchita prav podozrevaemogo i obvinyaemogo [Criminal law protection of the
rights of the suspect and the accused]. Moscow, 2010. (In Russ.).
5. Kostrov G. K. Ugolovno-pravovoe znachenie ugrozy : avtoref. dis. … kand. yurid. nauk [Criminal-legal significance of the
threat : the author’s abstract of the diss. ... PhD. in Law]. Moscow, 1970. (In Russ.).
6. Nasilie i ego vliyanie na zdorov’e. Doklad o situacii v mire / pod red. EHt’enna G. Kruga i dr. [Violence and its impact on
health. Report on the situation in the world : ed. by Etienne G. Krug et al.]. Moscow, 2003. 376 p. (In Russ.).
7. Ozhegov S. I., SHvedova N. YU. Tolkovyj slovar’ russkogo yazyka [Explanatory dictionary of the Russian language].
Moscow, 2006. (In Russ.).
8. Popov N. A. Prinuzhdenie k dache pokazanij : dis. … kand. yurid. nauk [Compulsion to testify : the diss. ... PhD. in Law].
Omsk, 2001. (In Russ.).