Based on the analysis of various scientific positions, the article reveals
the administrative-legal nature and essence of state-service relations in the prosecutor’s
office of the Russian Federation. It is noted that the uniqueness of the prosecutor’s
service is due, among other things, to the execution of various law enforcement, human
rights, control and supervisory and other functions by prosecutors, which indicates the
multifunctionality of this type of public service. Such characteristics of the service in the prosecutor’s office, in turn, lead to increased requirements for the service itself, for the
business and moral qualities of employees. On the basis of the methodology of integrative
legal thinking, the author’s concept of civil service and service in the prosecutor’s office is
given. The latter, in particular, is disclosed as a special type of professional activity carried
out on behalf of the state by its citizens holding positions of the federal public service in the
prosecutor’s office of the Russian Federation, in order to fulfill in accordance with the law on
the prosecutor’s office and the rules establishing special moral and ethical requirements
for their official and off-duty behavior of the duties assigned to the prosecutor’s office,
carried out in order to ensure the supremance of law, unity and strengthening the rule
of law, protect human and civil rights and freedoms, the interests of society and the
state protected by law, as well as related to the performance of the functions of internal
management of the prosecutor’s office, organizing and service in these bodies.
Senior Assistant to the Prosecutor of the Vologda Region for interaction with legislative (representative) and executive bodies of the region, local government bodies, legal support, Vologda, Russian Federation, Counselor of Justice.
, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Popov L. L., Studenikina M. S. (red.) Administrativnoe pravo [Administrative law]. Moscow, 2019. 704 p. (In Russ.).
2. Artem’ev A. M. Razvitie gosudarstvennoj sluzhby v Rossijskoj Federacii [Development of civil service in the Russian
Federation]. Moscow, 2006. 240 p. (In Russ.).
3. Atamanchuk G. V. Teoriya gosudarstvennogo upravleniya [Government theory]. Moscow, 2011. 525 p. (In Russ.).
4. Kazannik A. I. Nravstvennye osnovy gosudarstvennoj sluzhby v Rossijskoj Federacii [Moral foundations of public
service in the Russian Federation]. Vestnik Omskogo universiteta – Bulletin of the Omsk University, 2002, no. 4, pp. 92–95.
5. Kanishchev V. P., Palekha R. R. Integrativnyj podhod k ponimaniyu prava kak progressivnyj tip pravovogo myshleniya
[An integrative approach to understanding law as a progressive type of legal thinking]. Vestnik Voronezhskogo instituta
MVD Rossii – Bulletin of the Voronezh Institute of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Russia, 2018, no. 2, pp. 165–170. (In
6. Nagornyh R. V. Gosudarstvennaya sluzhba Rossijskoj Federacii v pravoohranitel’noj sfere: problemy teorii i praktiki
administrativno-pravovogo regulirovaniya [State Service of the Russian Federation in the Law Enforcement Sphere:
Problems of Theory and Practice of Administrative and Legal Regulation]. Moscow, 2011. 525 p. (In Russ.).
7. Nagornyh R. V. Integrativnye osnovy pravoponimaniya v teorii gosudarstvennoj sluzhby v pravoohranitel’noj sfere
[Integrative foundations of legal thinking in the theory of civil service in the law enforcement sphere]. Ǵylym= Nauka – The
science, 2019, no. 3 (62), pp. 109–115. (In Russ.).
8. Nemytina M. V. Pravo Rossii kak integracionnoe prostranstvo [Russian law as an integration space]. Saratov, 2008.
255 p. (In Russ.).
9. Nozdrachev A. F. Gosudarstvennaya sluzhba [Public service]. Moscow, 1999. 591 p. (In Russ.).
10. Ozhegov S. I. Slovar’ russkogo yazyka [Dictionary of the Russian language]. Moscow, 2008. 1200 p. (In Russ.).
11. Kutafin O. E. (red.) YUridicheskij enciklopedicheskij slovar’ [Legal encyclopedic dictionary]. Moscow, 2002. 558 p.