Educational work with convicts is carried out with the aim of correcting them, mastering their basic social functions as conditions for successful adaptation in society after release, and also for preventing further committing of new crimes by convicts. Lack of family and support of relatives makes the life of the condemned woman senseless, complicate the process of adaptation in society after liberation. As shown the scientific research made employees by the Vologda Institute of Law and Economics of FPS of Russia, more than 60% of convicted women have children, while 15% of them are deprived of parental rights. In accordance with Article 72 of the Family Code of the Russian Federation a convicted woman may be reinstated in her parental rights if she has changed her behavior, way of life and (or) attitude towards the upbringing of the child. At the same time this right is used very rarely by convicted women. In correctional institutions educational work should be conducted aimed at the formation and development of maternal feelings. The features of educational work with convicted women serving sentences in the form of imprisonment, for maintaining socially useful links with their children who are in the care centers for children left without parental care are: the implementation of an individual approach; the formation of maternal feelings, self-confidence, the need for caring for children; creation of a social rehabilitation environment in a correctional institution; development of independence in making responsible decisions. Educational work with the convicted woman should be comprehensive and systematic, include the development of an individual work plan, the organization and conduct of pedagogical education of mothers, a joint analysis of the reasons for the need to restore child-parent relations, conduct role-playing games in order to form the skills of raising children, in the upbringing of children at meetings of the board of detachment educators, at meetings of convicts, holding social advertising competitions, participating in a charity events.
Keywords: educational work; convicted women; imprisonment; socially useful
connections; restoration of parental rights; forms of educational work.
Associate Professor of the Department of Penal Law and Organization of Educational Work with Convicts of the Vologda Institute of Law and Economics of Federal Penal Service of Russia, PhD. in Pedagogy, Associate Professor
, e-mail email@example.com
1. Antonyan YU. M., EHminov V. E. Portrety prestupnikov: kriminologo-psihologicheskij analiz : monogr. [Portraits of
criminals: criminological psychological analysis : monograph]. Moscow, 2014. 240 p. (In Russ.).
2. V blagotvoritel’noj akcii «Vnimanie: rebenok!» prinyali uchastie sotrudniki i osuzhdennye ispravitel’noj kolonii № 2 [In the
charity event «Attention: child!» was attended by staff and convicts of the penal colony No 2]. Availabel at: http://www.35.
fsin.su/news/detail.php?ELEMENT_ID=408049 (accessed 30.07.2018). (In Russ.).
3. Komenskij YA. A. Materinskaya shkola, ili O zabotlivom vospitanii yunoshestva v pervye shest’ let [Mother’s school,
or caring education of youth in the first six years]. Availabel at: http://jorigami.ru/PP_corner/Classics/Komensky/01_
Comenius_Mother_school.htm (accessed 29.07.2018). (In Russ.).
4. Metodicheskie rekomendacii po ehffektivnoj organizacii vospitatel’noj raboty s osuzhdennymi v ispravitel’nyh
uchrezhdeniyah territorial’nyh organov FSIN Rossii : sb. metod. rekomendacij UVSPR FSIN Rossii [Guidelines for the
effective organization of educational work with convicts in correctional institutions of the territorial bodies of the Federal Penal
Service of Russia : collection of methodical recommendations of management of educational, social and psychological
work of the Federal Penal Service of Russia.]. Moscow, 2018. P. 139–157. (In Russ.).
5. Osnovnye pokazateli deyatel’nosti ugolovno-ispolnitel’noj sistemy FSIN Rossii (yanvar’–dekabr’ 2017 g.) : inform.-analit.
sb. [Key performance indicators of the penitentiary system of the Federal Penal Service of Russia (January–December
2017) : information and analytical collection]. Tver, 2018. 358 p. (In Russ.).
6. Radochina T. N., Danilov D. D., Rahmaev E. H. S. Problemy resocializacii osuzhdennyh zhenshchin, otbyvayushchih
nakazanie v vide lisheniya svobody (penitenciarnyj aspekt) : monogr. [Problems of re-socialization of convicted women
serving prison sentences (penitentiary aspect) : monograph.] Ryazan, 2010. 112 p. (In Russ.).
7. Semejnyj kodeks Rossijskoj Federacii ot 29.12.1995 № 223-FZ (red. ot 29.12.2017, s izm. ot 20.06.2018) [Family code
of the Russian Federation from 29.12.1995 No. 223-FL (in red. on 29.12.2017, as amended on 20.06.2018)]. Availabel at:
http://www.pravo.gov.ru (accessed 30.07.2018). (In Russ.).
8. Soboleva A. A. Mesto rozhdeniya – gorod Mariinsk [Place of birth – Mariinsk town]. Prestuplenie i nakazanie – Crime and
punishment. 2017. Iss. 12. P. 28–29. (In Russ.).
9. YAnchuk I. A., CHernyshenko E. V., Santashova L. L. Organizaciya vospitatel’noj raboty s osuzhdennymi zhenshchinami
po podderzhaniyu social’no poleznyh svyazej : analit. obzor. [Organization of educational work with convicted women in the
maintenance of social ties : an analytical review]. Vologda, 2017. 31 p. (In Russ.).