The article is devoted to current problems of the development of stuffing system for the public service in law enforcement agencies of foreign countries. It is concluded that in modern conditions the administrative legislation on the state service in law enforcement agencies of foreign states is distinguished by a great variety. The author substantiates the position that at the present stage of development of professional training for law enforcement officers in different countries a number of trends can be traced: democratization of the selection process in law enforcement agencies, humanization of the educational process, intellectualization of education, formation of the creative thinking of an employee’s personality, and not only the specialist in the performance of certain activities; compulsory initial basic training for all who enter the service, regardless of their education (including higher education); the aspiration of the education systems of different countries to integration and cooperation.
Keywords: administrative and legal regulation; public service; law enforcement; staffing system.
Professor of the Department of Administrative and Legal
Disciplines of the Vologda Institute of Law and Economics of the Federal Penal
Service of Russia, Dsc. in Law, Associate Professor, Honorary Worker of Higher
Professional Education of the Russian Federation
, e-mail Nagornikhemail@example.com
1. Vorob’ev V. V. Gosudarstvennaya sluzhba: problemy stanovleniya i razvitiya : avtoref. dis. … d-ra sociol. nauk [Public service: problems of formation and development : author’s abstract of the diss. ... Dsc. in Sociology]. Moscow, 1999.
47 p. (In Russ.).
2. Grishkovec A. A. Problemy reformy gosudarstvennoj sluzhby v Rossijskoj Federacii [Problems of public service reform in the Russian Federation]. Gos-vo i pravo – State and law. 2001. Iss. 12. P. 54–63. (In Russ.).
3. Obolonskij A. V. Byurokratiya dlya XXI veka. Modeli gosudarstvennoj sluzhby : monogr. [Bureaucracy for the XXI century. Models of public service : monograph]. Moscow, 2002. 166 p. (In Russ.).
4. Obolonskij A. V. Gosudarstvennaya sluzhba: kompleksnyj podhod : ucheb. posobie [Public service: an integrated approach : tutorial]. Moscow, 1999. 440 p. (In Russ.).
5. Obolonskij A. V. EHvolyuciya gosudarstvennoj sluzhby v Velikobritanii [The evolution of public service in the in the Great Britain]. Gos-vo i pravo – State and law. 1996. Iss. 6. P. 121–130. (In Russ.).
6. Osnovy vospitatel’noj raboty s sotrudnikami organov vnutrennih del : ucheb.-prakt. posobie / pod red. S. A. Seliverstova [Basics of educational work with employees of internal affairs : educational and practical manual : ed. by S. A. Seliverstov.]. Moscow, 2001. 363 p. (In Russ.).
7. Osnovy upravleniya personalom (kadrami) v organah vnutrennih del / S. N. Afonichkin i dr. [Fundamentals of management of the personnel (staff) in the organs of internal affairs : S. N. Afonichkin et al.]. Moscow, 2002. 219 p. (In Russ.).
8. SHevcov V. I. Organizaciya ucheta v kadrovoj sluzhbe organov vnutrennih del: teoriya i praktika : monogr. [Organization of accounting in the personnel service of internal affairs: theory and practice : monograph]. Moscow, 2002. 187 p. (In Russ.).
9. YAkobson L. I. Reforma gosudarstvennoj sluzhby: interesy i prioritety [Public service reform: interests and priorities]. Obshchestv. nauki i sovremennost’ – Social Sciences and modernity. 2002. Iss. 3. P. 5–21. (In Russ.).
10. Braibant G. The Past and Future of Public Administration // International Review of Administrative Sciences. 2002. Vol. 68. No. 3. (In Eng.).
11. Green R., Hubbel L. On Governance and Reinventing Government. CA, 1996. (In Eng.).
12. Refounding Democratic Public Administration: Modern Paradoxes, Postmodern Challenge : ed. by G. Wamsley, J. Wolf. L. ; New Delhi, 1996. (In Eng.).