The article is devoted to the study of the role of legal facts in the mechanism of the
In the process of analyzing the legal facts contained in the penal legislation the
following conclusions were formulated that deserve attention:
– the norms of the penal law being one of the main elements of the system of the
mechanism of the penal regulation are brought into the sphere of their practical application
by legal facts. The absence of a legal fact, if there are sufficient grounds for the application
of the prescription, suggests that the rule laid down in the law will be “problematic” or in
some cases “dead”;
– the mechanism of the penal regulation contains two groups of legal facts. The first
group (main) of legal facts influences the penal law relations, which the mechanism in
question directly regulates. The second group (special) of legal facts forms social
relations, which the mechanism under study does not regulate, but has a legal effect;
– the existence and liquidation of the mechanism of the penal regulation depends only
on two types of legal facts: the first determines the launch of the mechanism of the penal
regulation, giving rise to general penal relations, and the second, freeing the convict from
serving the sentence, stops the action of the system of legal means in question. All other
types of legal facts only change, transform the mechanism of the penal regulation;
– the moment of generation by a legal fact of general legal relationship does not always
coincide with the moment of launching the mechanism of the penal regulation. In other
words a penal relationship can be created, but the mechanism starts later;
– the system of legal means that form the mechanism of the penal regulation consists
of legal facts that are not fixed in the norms of the penal legislation, but are necessary
to achieve its goals. We are talking about individual acts of the participants of the penal
Associate Professor of the Department of Penal Law and Criminology of the Kuzbass Institute of the Federal Penal Service of Russia, PhD. in Law, Associate Professor.
, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Alekseev S. S. Mekhanizm pravovogo regulirovaniya v socialisticheskom gosudarstve [Mechanism of legal regulation in
a socialist state]. Moscow, 1966. 187 p. (In Russ.).
2. Alekseev S. S. Problemy teorii prava : kurs lekcij : v 2 t. [Problems of the theory of law: a course of lectures : in 2 vol.].
Sverdlovsk, 1972. Vol. 1. 396 p. (In Russ.).
3. Isakov V. B. Fakticheskij sostav v mekhanizme pravovogo regulirovaniya [The actual composition of the mechanism of
legal regulation]. Saratov, 1980. 128 p. (In Russ.).
4. Minnebaev R. H. K voprosu o ponyatii yuridicheskih faktov [To the question of the concept of legal facts]. YUrid. mir –
Legal world. 2011. Iss. 3. P. 54–56. (In Russ.).
5. Ob utverzhdenii Pravil otbyvaniya ugolovnyh nakazanij osuzhdennymi voennosluzhashchimi : prikaz ministra oborony
Ros. Federacii ot 20.10.2016 № 680 [On approval of the Rules for serving criminal sentences by convicted servicemen:
order of the Minister of Defense Ros. The Federation of 10/20/2016 No. 680]. Access from the reference legal system
«Garant». (In Russ.).
6. Osnovnye pokazateli deyatel’nosti ugolovno-ispolnitel’noj sistemy (yanvar’–dekabr’ 2017 g.) : inform.-analit. sb. [Key
performance indicators of the penal system (January–December 2017) : an information and analytical compendium]. Tver,
2018. 393 p. (In Russ.).
7. Pinchuk V. I. Ispravitel’no-trudovye pravootnosheniya : lekciya [Corrective Labor Relations : lecture]. Moscow, 1968.
43 p. (In Russ.).
8. Polishchuk N. I. Teoreticheskaya model’ vzaimosvyazi norm prava, pravootnosheniya i yuridicheskogo fakta : monogr. /
pod red. S. A. Komarova. 2-e izd., dop. i pererab. [The theoretical model of the relationship of the rule of law, legal relations
and legal fact : monogr. : ed. by S. A. Komarov : 2nd ed., enl. and rev.]. St. Petersburg , 2008. 450 p. (In Russ.).
9. Sevryugin A. S. Ispravitel’no-trudovye pravootnosheniya : ucheb. posobie [Correctional labor relations : tutorial].
Ryazan’, 1988. 37 p. (In Russ.).
10. Utkin V. A. Al’ternativnye sankcii v Rossii: sostoyanie, perspektivy i problemy [Alternative sanctions in Russia: state,
prospects and problems]. Moscow, 2013. 66 p. (In Russ.).