The article is devoted to the consideration of the nature, content and legal nature of
administrative-legal means of regulation of public service in the law enforcement sphere.
The specificity of the mechanism of administrative and legal regulation of public
service in the law enforcement sphere consists in the normative consolidation of the administrative and legal status of the law enforcement bodies themselves, as well as the
administrative and legal status of public servants in the law enforcement sphere, which
includes the establishment of rights, duties and responsibilities. In turn the implementation
of these statuses is associated with the direct implementation by public servants of law
enforcement functions in the field of combating crime, protecting public order, ensuring
personal and public safety, implementing decisions on bringing to legal responsibility, as
well as internal organizational activities of law enforcement agencies and coordination
interaction with other structures of society and the state in solving social problems.
Under the administrative and legal means of regulating public service in the law
enforcement sphere, we should understand the totality of universal administrative and legal
phenomena: administrative legal norms, law enforcement acts, administrative contracts,
legal facts, subjective rights and obligations, participants in official legal relations,
methods and techniques of state administrative influence, ensuring the effectiveness of
public service in law enforcement.
Professor of the Department of
Administrative Law Disciplines of the Law Faculty of the
Vologda Institute of Law and Economics of the Federal Penal
Service of Russia, Dsc. in Law, Associate Professor, Honorary
Worker of Higher Professional Education of the Russian
, e-mail Nagornikhfirstname.lastname@example.org
1. Dihtievskij P. V. Administrativno-pravovoe prinuzhdenie v mekhanizme obespecheniya lichnoj bezopasnosti. Avtoref.
diss. dokt. yurid. nauk [Administrative enforcement in the mechanism of personal security. Author’s abstract of the diss.
Dsc. in Law]. Moscow, 2004. 62 p. (In Russ.).
2. Kozlov YU. M. Osnovy sovetskogo administrativnogo prava [Fundamentals of Soviet Administrative Law]. Moscow, 1979.
208 p. (In Russ.).
3. Korenev A. P. Administrativnoe pravo Rossii v 3 chastyah. CHast’ 1 [Administrative law of Russia in 3 parts. Part 1].
Moscow, 1999. 280 p. (In Russ.).
4. Morozova L. A. Teoriya gosudarstva i prava [Theory of State and Rights]. Moscow, 2011. 510 p. (In Russ.).
5. Marchenko M. N. (red.) Problemy teorii gosudarstva i prava [Problems of the theory of state and rights]. Moscow, 2014.
672 p. (In Russ.).
6. Starilov YU. M. Reforma administrativno-pravovogo regulirovaniya: «ideologiya», problemy i budushchee [Reform of
administrative regulation: «ideology», problems and future]. Administrativnoe pravo i administrativnyj process: aktual’nye
problemy [Administrative law and administrative process: current issues]. Moscow, 2004, pp. 38–40. (In Russ.).