The change in economic and socio-political relations in Russian society has intensified
the already complex problem of moral education imprisoned persons. Close attention in
this connection deserves the category of female prisoners, which are characterized by
characteristic psychological features.
One of the important sources of development in emotional and aesthetic terms,
psychological and pedagogical correction of value orientations of a person is moral and
aesthetic education. Its main goal is the formation in each person of the need to comply
with generally accepted moral standards, the ability to see and create beauty themselves
in a variety of life phenomena and situations.
By moral and aesthetic education we mean a goal-directed process, which among
convicted women contributes to the development of reflection, a steady need for selfconsciousness, a predisposition to creative activity in various life spheres and the
emergence of a desire for law-abiding behavior.
The study of the level of moral and aesthetic breeding as an integrative property of the
personality of convicts allowed to conditionally unite women into the following groups: 1)
convicts with a low level of moral and aesthetic breeding, distinguished by a persistent
negative attitude to the rules of life and society, deviant behavior and the presence
of antisocial habits, lack of initiative, self-directedness, lack of aesthetic needs and
reflective skills; 2) convicts with an average level of moral and aesthetic breeding, who
are persons that do not have certain attitudes toward law-abiding behavior, have a weak
psychological readiness for educational influence, rare manifestations of activity in a
correctional institution, an unstable orientation of volitional skills and poor development of
reflection, aesthetic need is weak expressed; 3) convicts with a sufficient level of moral and
aesthetic breeding, characterized by the presence of a positive attitude, a predisposition
to educational influence, awareness of the fulfillment of pedagogical requirements, the
presence of knowledge and ideas about moral values, rather active participation in the life
of the institution.
Among the ways to increase the level of moral and aesthetic breeding of convicts are
various individual and group educational forms and methods, such as the inclusion of those
brought up in various corrective programs in the aesthetic direction, the intensification of
the work of clergy in the formation of the value world of convicts, involvement in artistic
creation and amateur activity, etc.
Professor of the Department of Legal Psychology and
Pedagogics of the Vologda Institute of Law and Economics of the Federal Penal Service of Russia, Dsc. in Pedagogics, Professor, Member-correspondent of the
International Academy of Sciences of Pedagogical Education
, e-mail email@example.com
1. Antonyan YU. M. Prestupnost’ sredi zhenshchin [Crime among women]. Moscow, 1992. 252 p. (In Russ.).
2. Vetrova I. V. ZHenshchiny v mestah lisheniya svobody (genderno-pravovoe issledovanie) [Women in prison (gender and
legal study)]. Ugolovno-ispolnitel’noe pravo – Penal Law, 2014, no. 1 (17), pp. 9–15. (In Russ.).
3. Vilkova A. V. Gendernaya koncepciya i metodologiya formirovaniya duhovno-nravstvennyh cennostej nesovershennoletnih
osuzhdennyh zhenskogo pola. Diss. dokt. ped. nauk [Gender concept and methodology of the formation of spiritual and
moral values of female juvenile offenders. Diss. Dsc. in Pedagogy]. Velikiy Novgorod, 2016. 427 p. (In Russ.).
4. Zautorova E. V. Nravstvenno-esteticheskoe vospitanie osuzhdennyh. Diss. dokt. ped. nauk [Moral and aesthetic
education of convicts. Diss. Dsc. in Pedagogy]. Moscow, 2011. 443 p. (In Russ.).
5. Ivanova N. A. Gumanizaciya ispolneniya nakazaniya v vide lisheniya svobody v otnoshenii osuzhdennyh zhenshchin v
sovremennyh usloviyah. Avtoref. diss. kand. yurid. nauk [The humanization of the execution of sentences of imprisonment
in relation to convicted women in modern conditions. Author’s abstract of the diss. PhD. in Law]. Ryazan, 2011. 23 p. (In
6. Savardunova V. N. Resocializaciya nesovershennoletnih osuzhdennyh zhenskogo pola, otbyvayushchih nakazanie v vide
lisheniya svobody (organizacionnyj, pravovoj i psihologo-pedagogicheskie aspekty) [Resocialization of female juvenile
offenders serving sentences of imprisonment (organizational, legal, psychological and pedagogical aspects)]. Ryazan,
2003. 166 p. (In Russ.).
7. Ushatikov A. I., Kazak B. B. Osnovy penitenciarnoj psihologii [The basics of penal psychology]. Ryazan, 20013. 536 p.
8. Filippov N. L. Organizaciya svobodnogo vremeni osuzhdennyh kak faktor nravstvennoj pereorientacii lichnosti. Diss.
kand. ped. nauk [Organization of free time of convicts as a factor in the moral reorientation of personality. Diss. PhD. in
Pedagogy]. Moscow, 1998. 280 p. (In Russ.).
9. SHesler A. V. Ustojchivye prestupnye gruppy nesovershennoletnih: ugolovno-pravovye i kriminal’nye voprosy. Diss.
kand. yurid. nauk [Sustainable juvenile crime groups: criminal law and criminal matters. Diss. PhD. in Law]. Tomsk, 1991.
205 p. (In Russ.).