The international rules for the treatment of convicts recommend the provision law and order in institutions which execute sentences be enforced, not only with punitive measures, but also with incentives. Given the insufficient level of development of theoretical knowledge and practical difficulties, the field of legal relations connected with the use of incentive means for convicts in the penal system needs further improvement. For the transition to a consistent, expanded and rational application of these norms and institutions, as well as increasing the effectiveness of the incentive effect on convicts, it is advisable to develop a concept for the development of incentive standards and institutions applied to convicts in institutions of the penal system. The creation of this concept will help to change and supplement existing regulatory and legal acts in the area under consideration. In order to improve the incentive effect, it is advisable to supplement the list of measures with one-time outputs or dismissals of prisoners sentenced to imprisonment outside penal institutions on weekends or holidays for up to 24 hours. This will help strengthen the socially useful ties of the convict. Taking into account the experience of foreign countries, it is necessary to provide for preferential conditions of serving sentences in correctional colonies of general and strict regimes in the domestic penal legislation. It is necessary to translate into these conditions convicts who have served half and two-thirds of the sentence, respectively, and at least six months and nine months, respectively, under facilitated conditions.
Professor of the Department of Penal Law and Organization of
Educational Work with Convicts of the Vologda Institute of Law and Economics of
the Federal Penal Service of Russia, Senior Researcher of the Research Institute
of the Federal Penal Service of Russia, Dsc. in Law, Associate Professor
, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Babajan S. L. Pooshhritel’nye instituty ugolovno-ispolnitel’nogo prava (teorija i praktika primenenija) : dis. … d-ra jurid.
nauk [Incentive institutions of the criminal-executive law (theory and practice of application) : the diss. ... Dsc. in Law].
Moscow, 2014. Р. 592. (In Russ.).
2. Verren A. Ispolnenie nakazanija i primenenie ugolovno-pravovyh mer v Shvejcarii v otnoshenii vzroslyh pravonarushitelej
[Execution of punishment and application of criminal law measures in Switzerland with respect to adult offenders]. Aktual’nye
problemy penitenciarnoj nauki i praktiki : materialy mezhdunarod. nauch.-prakt. konf. – Actual problems of penal science
and practice: materials of the international scientific and practical conference. Moscow, 2004. Pt 1. Рр. 47–64. (In Russ.).
3. Grekov M. L. Tjuremnye sistemy: sostojanie, perspektivy : dis. ... kand. jurid. nauk [Prison systems: status, prospects: the
diss. ... PhD. in Law]. Krasnodar, 2000. 195 р. (In Russ.).
4. Zhabskij V. A. Ugolovnye nakazanija v Rossijskoj Federacii i zarubezhnyh stranah : monogr. / pod obshh. red. A. Ja.
Grishko [Criminal penalties in the Russian Federation and foreign countries: monograph ; ed. by A. Ya. Grishko]. Ryazan,
2010. 280 р. (In Russ.).
5. Evropejskie penitenciarnye pravila : rekomendacija № Rec (2006) 2 Komiteta ministrov Soveta Evropy : prinjata
11.01.2006 na 952-m zasedanii predstavitelej ministrov [European Prison Rules : Recommendation No. Rec (2006) 2 of the
Committee of Ministers of the Council of Europe : adopted on 11.01.2006 at the 952nd meeting of the Ministers]. Dostup iz
sprav.-pravovoj sistemy «Konsul’tantPljus» – Access from the reference legal system «ConsultantPlus». (In Russ.).
6. Krasnov Ju. A. Zarubezhnyj opyt ispolnenija nakazanija v vide lishenija svobody v otnoshenii nesovershennoletnih
[Foreign experience of execution of punishment in the form of imprisonment in relation to minors]. Vedomosti ugolovnoispolnitel’noj sistemy – Bulletin of the penal system. 2011. Iss. 7. S. 12–17. (In Russ.).
7. Tagancev N. S. Ulozhenie o nakazanijah ugolovnyh i ispravitel’nyh. Dopolnitel’nye postanovlenija o raspredelenii i
upotreblenii osuzhdennyh v katorzhnye raboty [Ordinance on the penalties of criminal and correctional. Additional decisions
on the distribution and use of convicts in hard labor]. St. Petersburg, 1845. 26 р. (In Russ.).
8. Ugolovno-ispolnitel’nyj kodeks Respubliki Kazahstan ot 05.07.2014 [The Criminal Executive Code of the
Republic of Kazakhstan of 05.07.2014]. Available at: http://online.zakon.kz/Document/?