The article considers key data constituting the forensic characteristic of convicts’ intentional infliction of harm to life and health (articles 105, 111, 112 and 115 of the Criminal Code of the Russian Federation) in places of deprivation of liberty and their correlation. Purpose: based on the analysis and generalization of theoretical and practical materials, to formulate the most characteristic set of data that make up the forensic characteristic of these acts, as well as disclose their content. Methods: generalization, comparison, analogy, concretization, abstraction, as well as statistical and content analysis, and comparative legal research methods. Results: the article presents the percentage composition of various forensic data that help develop methodological recommendations for investigation and the practice of disclosure and investigation of crimes. The article shows how illegal actions are carried out without and with the use of means of committing crimes found at the scene of interpersonal conflict of convicts. A combined method presupposes the use of both physical strength of a person and instruments of harming life and health. Considering components of the method of committing crimes, the authors pay attention to correlations that help establish various circumstances of the crime commission. In particular, the authors express an opinion that in places of deprivation of liberty unofficial norms of behavior of convicts act as a general correlation of the commission of crimes against the person, including those that are the subject of this study. It is those cases when convicts relying on specific conditions and the contingent prepare devices to cause harm to life and health in advance, as if just in case, to stand up for themselves and respond to possible insults using such an object. The article clearly identifies the correlation between the crime scene and means and methods of the crime commission, as well as the correlation between the time and the crime scene. Conclusion: based on the available research, the authors’ own ideas on these issues are substantiated.
Keywords: Crimes against life and health; convicted person; deprivation of liberty; forensic characteristic; data; correlations; method of a crime commission; concealment; situation; scene; time
Doctor of Sciences (Law), Professor, Leading Researcher at the Research Institute of the Federal Penitentiary Service of Russia, Moscow, Russia, professor at the Department of Criminal Procedure and Criminalistics of the Academy of the FPS of Russia, Ryazan, Russia
, e-mail email@example.com
Senior Lecturer at the Department of Criminal Procedure, Criminalistics and Law Enforcement Intelligence Operations of the Law Faculty of the Vologda Institute of Law and Economics of the Federal Penitentiary Service, Vologda, Russia
, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Bessonov A.A. The method of crime as an element of its criminalistic characteristics. Problemy v Rossiiskom zakonodatel’stve = Problems in Russian Legislation, 2014, no. 4, pp. 171–173. (In Russ.).
2. Zuikov G.G. Ustanovlenie sposoba soversheniya prestupleniya pri pomoshchi kriminalisticheskikh ekspertiz i issledovanii [Establishing the method of committing a crime with the help of forensic examinations and research]. Moscow, 1970. 45 p.
3. Kolesnichenko A.N. Obshchie polozheniya metodiki rassledovaniya otdel’nykh vidov prestuplenii [General provisions of the methodology of investigation of certain types of crimes]. Kharkov, 1976. 28 p.
4. Kuranova E.D. On the main provisions of the methodology of investigation of certain types of crimes. Voprosy kriminalistiki = Issues of Criminology, 1962, no. 6–7, pp. 152–166. (In Russ.).
5. Ishigeev V.S. Problemy teorii i praktiki rassledovaniya prestuplenii protiv lichnosti, sovershennykh v mestakh lisheniya svobody: ugolovno-pravovye i kriminalisticheskie aspekty: monog. [Problems of theory and practice of investigation of crimes against the person committed in places of deprivation of liberty: criminal law and forensic aspects: monograph. Irkutsk, 2002. 217 p.
6. Zuikov G.G. Criminalistic doctrine of the method of committing a crime. Sotsialisticheskaya zakonnost’ = Socialist Legality, 1971, no. 11, pp. 14–19. (In Russ.).
7. Ermolovich V.F. Kriminalisticheskaya kharakteristika prestuplenii [Criminalistic characteristics of crimes]. Minsk, 2001. 304 p.
8. Aleksienko O.N., Vardanyan A.V. The use of knowledge about the methods of crimes against life and health in identifying and exposing a false alibi. Yurist’’-Pravoved’’ = Lawyer-Legal Expert, 2008, no. 6, pp. 35–38. (In Russ.)
9. Medvedev S.I. Rassledovanie ubiistv i prichinenie telesnykh povrezhdenii v ispravitel’no-trudovykh uchrezhdeniyakh: ucheb. posob. [Investigation of murders and infliction of bodily injuries in correctional labor institutions: textbook manual]. Ryazan, 1987. 72 p.
10. Belkin R.S. Kriminalisticheskie sredstva, priemy i rekomendatsii: in 3 t. T. 3. Kurs sovetskoi kriminalistiki [Forensic means, techniques and recommendations: in 3 volumes. Volume 3. Course of Soviet criminalistics]. Moscow, 1979. 407 p.
11. Annenkova T.S. Obstanovka soversheniya prestupleniya i kriminalisticheskie metody ee issledovaniya: dis. … kand. yurid. nauk [The situation of the commission of a crime and forensic methods of its research: Candidate of Sciences (Law)]. Saratov, 2007. 225 p.
12. Bessonov A.A. Crime situation as an element of its criminalistic characteristics. Vestnik Saratovskoi gosudarstvennoi yuridicheskoi akademii = Bulletin of the Saratov State Law Academy, 2014, no. 6 (101), pp. 158–163. (In Russ.).
13. Bukaeva I.N. Obstanovka soversheniya prestupleniya, poluchenie i ispol’zovanie informatsii o nei pri rassledovanii ugolovnykh del: diss. … kand. yurid. nauk [The situation of the crime commission, obtaining and using information about it in the investigation of criminal cases: Candidate of Sciences (Law) dissertation]. Tyumen, 2005. 222 p.
14. Gavlo V.K. Crime situation as a structural component of criminalistic characteristics of crime. In: Problemy sovershenstvovaniya taktiki i metodiki rassledovaniya prestuplenii: sb. nauch. tr. [Problems of improving tactics and methods of crime investigation: collection of scientific papers]. Irkutsk, 1980. Pp. 49–55. (In Russ.).
15. Dechkin O.M., Shurukhnov N.G. Grounds for criminalistic classification of crimes against human life and health committed by convicts serving imprisonment sentences in places of deprivation of liberty. Penitentsiarnaya nauka = Penitentiary Science, 2021, vol. 15, no. 4 (56), pp. 778–790. (In Russ.).
16. Ishigeev V.S. Obstanovka soversheniya prestupleniya kak element ego kriminalisticheskoi kharakteristiki: diss. … kand. yurid. nauk [The crime scene as an element of its forensic characteristic: Candidate of Sciences (Law) dissertation]. Saint Petersburg, 1996. 142 p.
17. Kulikov V.I. Obstanovka soversheniya prestuplenii i ee kriminalisticheskoe znachenie: diss. … kand. yurid. nauk [The crime scene and its criminalistic significance: Candidate of Sciences (Law) dissertation]. Moscow, 1983. 238 p.
18. Yablokov N.P. The situation of the commission of a crime as an element of its criminalistic characteristics. In: Kriminalisticheskaya kharakteristika prestuplenii: sb. nauch. tr. [Forensic characteristic of crimes: collection of scientific papers]. Moscow, 1984. Pp. 34–40. (In Russ.).
19. Mal’chuk O.I., Rumyantsev N.V. Criminalistic analysis of the situation of crimes committed by convicts. Vestnik ekonomicheskoi bezopasnosti = Bulletin of Economic Security, 2017, no. 2, pp. 259–261. (In Russ.).
20. Shurukhnov N.G. Rassledovanie i preduprezhdenie prestuplenii, sovershaemykh osuzhdennymi v ispravitel’no-trudovykh uchrezhdeniyakh: dis. … d-ra yurid. nauk [Investigation and prevention of crimes committed by convicts in correctional labor institutions: Doctor of Sciences (Law)]. Moscow, 1991. 508 p.
21. Nuzhdin A.A. Specifics of the situation when convicted persons commit crimes in institutions of the penal enforcement system. Chelovek: prestuplenie i nakazanie = Man: Crime and Punishment, 2015, no. 1 (88), pp. 87–91. (In Russ.).
22. Shurukhnov N.G. Factors determining the need and the specifics of the legal grounds for the interaction of investigators, interrogators with authorized persons of operational units of the Federal Penitentiary Service of Russia. Ekonomika. Pravo. Obshchestvo = Economics. Law. Society, 2022, vol. 7, no. 4 (32), pp. 92–99. (In Russ.).
23. Obraztsov V.A. Vyyavlenie i izoblichenie prestupnika [Identification and exposure of the criminal]. Moscow, 1997. 333 p.
24. Osnovnye pokazateli deyatel’nosti ugolovno-ispolnitel’noi sistemy Rossiiskoi Federatsii, yanvar’- dekabr’ 2021 g.: informats.-analit. sb. [Key performance indicators of the penal system of the Russian Federation, January–December 2021: information and analytical collection]. Tver, 2022. 436 p.
25. Rastoropov S.V. Bor’ba s umyshlennym prichineniem tyazhkogo vreda zdorov’yu grazhdan v ispravitel’nykh koloniyakh: monogr. [The fight against intentional infliction of serious
harm to the health of citizens in correctional colonies: monograph]. Moscow, Ryazan, 2000. 254 p.
26. Mikhailova V.P., Trofimova M.V. Interrelation of aggression and accentuation of character in convicts with different types of deviant behavior. Vestnik Kemerovskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta = Bulletin of Kemerovo State University, 2009, no. 3 (39), pp. 71–78. (In Russ.).)
27. Akchurin A.V., Shrub M.P. Kriminalisticheskaya kharakteristika prestuplenii protiv zhizni i zdorov’ya, sovershaemye osuzhdennymi v mestakh lisheniya svobody [Criminalistic characteristics of crimes against life and health committed by convicts in places of deprivation of liberty]. Ryazan; Minsk, 2018. 33 p.
28. Akchurin A.V., Mirolyubov S.L. Issues of criminalistic characteristics of intentional infliction of grievous bodily harm of convicts serving sentences in correctional colonies. Vestnik Kazanskogo yuridicheskogo instituta MVD Rossii = Bulletin of the Kazan Law Institute of MIA Russia, 2017, no. 2 (28), pp. 117–124. (In Russ.)
29. Selivanov N.A. Veshchestvennye dokazatel’stva (kriminalisticheskoe i ugolovnoprotsessual’noe issledovanie) [Material evidence (forensic and criminal procedural research)].
Moscow, 1971. 198 p.