The article considers the current situation of punishment execution in juvenile correctional facilities, from the moment of arrival of the convicted person to the date of his/her release on the example of a specific institution. Purpose: to study aspects of the educational impact in the process of punishment execution aimed at subsequent social adaptation and resocialization of convicts after release. Methods: general scientific (analysis, synthesis, induction, etc.), private scientific and special methods of cognition (comparative legal, formal legal, statistical). Results: having assessed activities of a specific juvenile correctional facility in the field of law enforcement of the current legislation provisions regulating the educational impact on convicts to prevent recidivism, the authors found out the following: further social adaptation outside the correctional institution is necessary, carried out by a specially created state body with broad social rehabilitation powers, implemented with the coordination and interaction of interested state structures. Conclusions: convict’s successful reintegration into society and renunciation of criminal activity is possible with the use of all available means and methods of impact, including training and unconditional submission to the detention regime during forced isolation, as well as minor’s acceptance of social and life values and positive socially useful attitudes through social adaptation and resocialization carried out outside places of deprivation of liberty.
Keywords: Juvenile correctional facility; resocialization; social adaptation; penitentiary adaptive; law-abiding behavior; criminal subculture; post-penitentiary adaptation; premises functioning as a pre-trial detention center
Candidate of Sciences (Law), associate professor at the Department of History, Social Studies and Law of the History and Philology Faculty of the Arzamas Branch of the National Research Lobachevsky State University of Nizhny Novgorod, Arzamas, Russia
, e-mail email@example.com
Doctor of Sciences (Law), Associate Professor, Chief Researcher for Sociological Research of the Research Department of the Faculty of Training of Scientific Pedagogical Personnel and Organization of Research Work of the Moscow Academy of the Investigative Committee of the Russian Federation, Moscow, Russia, professor at the Department of Civil Law Disciplines of the Law Faculty of the Vologda Institute of Law and Economics of the Federal Penitentiary Service, Vologda, Russia, professor at the Department of Criminal Law and Criminology of the North-Western Institute (branch) of the Kutafin Moscow State Law University
(MSAL), Vologda, Russia
, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Truntsevskii Yu.V. Mezhdunarodnoe penitentsiarnoe pravo: lektsiya [International penitentiary law: lecture]. Moscow, 2001. 48 p.
2. Utkin V.A. International standards of penal enforcement activity and stereotypes of their perception. Ugolovnaya yustitsiya = Russian Journal of Criminal Law, 2016, no. 2, pp. 89–96.
3. Nikolaev A.M. Legislative criminalization of acts at the lower level of their public danger in the light of the systemic principles of lawmaking and didactics of criminal law. Yuridicheskaya tekhnika = Legal Technique, 2009, no. 3, pp. 484–498.
4. Adoevskaya O.A. On the possibility and limits of taking into account the international experience of resocialization of persons sentenced to imprisonment. Yuridicheskii vestnik Samarskogo universiteta = Juridical Journal of Samara University, 2017, no. 4, pp. 68–72. (In Russ.).
5. Ob osnovakh sistemy profilaktiki pravonarushenii v Rossiiskoi Federatsii: feder. zakon ot 23.06.2016 № 182-FZ [On the basics of the system of crime prevention in the Russian Federation: Federal Law No. 182-FZ of June 23, 2016]. Access from the reference legal system “Consultant-Plus”.
6. Geranin V.V. et al. Ugolovno-ispolnitel’noe pravo Rossii: ucheb. dlya studentov po spetsial’nosti “Yurisprudentsiya” i napravleniyu “Yurisprudentsiya” [Penal law of Russia: textbook for students in the specialty “Jurisprudence” and the direction “Jurisprudence”]. Ed. by Seliverstov V.I. Moscow, 2014. 447 p.
7. Rybak M.S. Resotsializatsiya osuzhdennykh k lisheniyu svobody: problemy teorii i praktiki [Resocialization of prisoners sentenced to imprisonment: problems of theory and practice]. Ed. by Malkov V.P. Saratov, 2004. 478 p.
8. Yakovleva L.V. Institut osvobozhdeniya ot nakazaniya v rossiiskom prave: avtoref. dis. ... d-ra yurid. nauk [Institute of release from punishment in Russian law: Doctors of Sciences (Law) dissertation abstract]. Moscow, 2003. 54 p.
9. On the basics of the system of prevention of neglect and juvenile delinquency: Federal Law No. 120-FZ of June 24, 1999 (as amended July 23, 2008). In: Sobranie zakonodatel’stva RF [Collection of Legislation of the Russian Federation]. 1999, June 28. No. 26. Art. 3,177. (In Russ.).
10. Belyaeva L.I. Patronat v Rossii: (19 v. - nach. 20 v.) [Patronage in Russia: (19th century – beginning of the 20th century)]. Voronezh, 2001. 137 p.
11. Poznyshev S.V. Ocherki tyur’movedeniya [Essays on prison studies]. Moscow, 1915. 299 p.
12. Peremolotova L.Yu. Problem aspects of resocialization of convicts. Vestnik Tomskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta. Pravo = Tomsk State University Journal of Law, Tomsk, 2017, no. 24, pp. 53–58. (In Russ.).
13. Malinin V.B. Entsiklopediya ugolovnogo prava. Tom 11. Ugolovnaya otvetstvennost’ nesovershennoletnikh [Encyclopedia of Criminal Law. Volume 11. Criminal liability of minors]. Saint Petersburg, 2008. 450 p.
14. Danelyan S.V. Osvobozhdenie ot otbyvaniya nakazaniya v ugolovnom zakonodatel’stve Rossiiskoi Federatsii: Teoreticheskie, zakonodatel’nye i pravoprimenitel’nye aspekty: avtoreferat dis. ... kand. yurid. nauk [Criminal record: historical, criminal-legal and criminal-executive aspects: Candidate of Sciences (Law) dissertation abstract]. Makhachkala, 2006. 25 p.
15. Zel’dov S.I. Osvobozhdenie ot nakazaniya i ot ego otbyvaniya [Release from punishment and from serving it]. Moscow, 1982. 137 p.
16. Ugolovnoe pravo. Obshchaya chast’: ucheb. [Criminal law. General part: textbook]. Ed. by Inogamovoi-Khegai L.V., Rarog A.I., Chuchaev A.I. Moscow, 2008. 560 p.
17. Grammatchikov M.V. Sudimost’: istoricheskii, ugolovno-pravovoi i ugolovno-ispolnitel’nyi aspekty: avtoref. dis. ... kand. yurid. nauk [Criminal record: historical, criminal-legal and criminalexecutive aspects: Candidate of Sciences (Law) dissertation abstract]. Krasnoyarsk, 2002. 23 p.
18. Sendulyak K.I. The victim in resolving issues of parole: criminal procedural moments. Vestnik Udmurtskogo universiteta. Ekonomika i pravo = Bulletin of Udmurt University. Series Economics and Law, 2014, vol. 24, no. 4, pp. 182–186. (In Russ.).
19. On the approval of the Instructions on assistance in labor and household arrangements, as well as assistance to convicts released from serving sentences in correctional institutions of the penal system: order of the Ministry of Justice of the Russian Federation No. 2 of January 13, 2006 (as amended December 26, 2019). In: Byulleten’ normativnykh aktov federal’nykh organov ispolnitel’noi vlasti [Bulletin of Normative acts of Federal executive authorities]. 2006. No. 7. Pp. 242–254. (In Russ.).