The article considers legislative acts that are significant for the science of the domestic criminal process. Among them: Russian Truth (XI-XV cc.), Pskov Court Charter (1397– 1467), Novgorod Court Charter (1440-1471), Law Book of Duke Ivan III (1497), Law Book of Tsar Ivan IV (1550) and Russian Law Code (1649). The provisions of these monuments of the history of Russian law concerning the direct initiation of the proceedings in the criminal case are analyzed, and their assessment is given. The article is conditionally divided into three parts. In the first part the distinguishing features of the criminal process of the 11th12th centuries are given, the charge of which was carried out privately. The second part focuses on the normative acts of the fourteenth and sixteenth centuries, which fixed in their provisions public principles in the implementation of criminal prosecution. The third part is devoted to the study of the norms of the Russian Law Code of 1649 – the first codified act in the history of Russia, in which the system of investigative actions and production for certain categories of persons received their development. In each historical period the features and main traits of the current legislative norms, which were the prerequisites for the establishment of procedural rules for criminal proceedings are reflected, some of which are still in effect in Russian criminal proceedings.
Post graduate of the Management Academy of the Ministry of
the Interior of the Russian Federation
, e-mail email@example.com
1. Bobrovskij O. V. Ugolovnyj i grazhdanskij process po Russkoj Pravde : avtoref. dis. … kand. jurid. nauk [Criminal and civil
proceedings in the Russian Truth : abstract of diss. ... PhD. in Law]. Kazan, 2007. 27 р. (In Russ.).
2. Bobrovskij O. V. Ugolovnyj i grazhdanskij process po Russkoj Pravde : dis. … kand. jurid. nauk [Criminal and civil
proceedings under the Russian Truth : diss. ... PhD. in Law]. Tolyatti, 2007. 161 р. (In Russ.).
3. Markovicheva E. V., Vasjukov V. F. Problemnye voprosy vozbuzhdenija ugolovnyh del na sovremennom jetape: monogr.
[Problematic issues of initiation of criminal proceedings at the present stage : monograph]. Moscow, 2016. 80 р. (In Russ.).
4. Novgorodskaja sudnaja gramota [The Novgorod judicial Charter]. Available at: http://lawbook.online (accessed
20.12.2017). (In Russ.).
5. Pskovskaja sudnaja gramota [Pskov judicial Charter]. Available at: https://ru.wikisource.org (accessed 20.12.2017). (In
6. Sobornoe ulozhenie 1649 g. [The Cathedral code of 1649]. Available at: http://www.hist.msu.ru. (accessed 24.12.2017).
7. Sudebnik 1497 g. [Trial 1497]. Available at: http://lawbook.online/gosudarstva-prava/sudebnik-1497-goda-28605.html
(accessed 22.12.2017). (In Russ.).
8. Sudebnik 1550 g. [Trial 1550]. Available at: http://lib.uni-dubna.ru (accessed 22.12.2017). (In Russ.).
9. Tal’berg D. G. Russkoe ugolovnoe sudoproizvodstvo : posobie k lekcijam. [Russian criminal proceedings : a handbook
for the lectures]. Kiev, 1889. Vol. 1. 328 р. (In Russ.).
10. Jaroslavskij spisok Pravdy Russkoj: Zakonodatel’stvo Jaroslava Mudrogo / sost. N. A. Grjaznova, D. K. Morozov
[Yaroslavl list of the Truth of the Russian: Legislation of Yaroslav the Wise; comp. N. A. Gryaznova, D. K. Morozov]. Yaroslavl ;
Rybinsk, 2010. 272 р. (In Russ.).