Introduction: the article reveals the essence of the criminal legal impact, analyzes its forms, and examines mechanisms for implementing certain forms of the criminal legal impact. Attention is focused on the specifics of regulating the mechanism to implement criminal law measures in the Penal Law Code of the Russian Federation. Problems of scientific and legislative definition of certain forms of the criminal legal impact, as well as criminal liability are touched upon. The author comes to the conclusion about the need to improve the legislative regulation of certain forms of the criminal legal impact and the mechanism for their realization, as well as the necessity to adjust forms of the criminal legal impact. Purpose: resolution of certain issues to regulate the mechanism for implementing various forms of the criminal legal impact. Methods: the author uses a general scientific dialectical method of cognition to consider the essence of phenomena, an analysis method to identify key problems arising in the legislative regulation of the criminal legal impact, a synthesis method to form the author’s position on the identified problems and work out a mechanism for their possible solution. Results: modern forms of the criminal legal impact, enshrined in the criminal law, and approaches to understanding the criminal legal impact and its implementation raise questions due to the generally recognized point of view in the science of criminal law regarding the beginning and end of criminal liability and the approach to its understanding. Some forms of the criminal legal influence seem ineffective and require adjustments. The legislative regulation of the mechanism for implementing the criminal legal impact needs to be revised due to the inconsistency of its current state with the requirements for codifying norms of one branch of law. Conclusions: it seems necessary to correct forms of criminal legal influence defined in the criminal law, determining what should be attributed to such, guided by the goals and objectives pursued by it. In addition, it is advisable to revise the penal legislation system that does not meet codification requirements and does not fully reflect the specifics of penal law.
Keywords: Criminal legal impact, criminal liability, penal law, educational impact, judicial fine, punishment, post-penitentiary impact
Candidate of Sciences (Law), Associate Professor, associate professor at the Department of Criminal Law and Criminology of the East Siberian Institute of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Russia, Irkutsk, Russia
, e-mail email@example.com
1. Bavsun M.V. Ugolovno-pravovoe vozdeistvie: ideologiya, tseli i sredstva realizatsii: avtoreferat dissertatsii na soiskanie uchenoi stepeni doktora yuridicheskikh nauk [The criminal legal impact: ideology, goals and means of implementation: Doctor of Sciences (Law) dissertation abstract]. Omsk: Omskaya akademiya MVD Rossii, 2013. 40 p.
2. Brainin Ya. M. Ugolovnaya otvetstvennost’ i ee osnovanie v sovetskom ugolovnom prave [Criminal liability and its foundation in Soviet criminal law]. Moscow: Gosyurizdat, 1963. 275 p.
3. Volkov B.S. Deterministicheskaya priroda prestupnogo povedeniya [Deterministic nature of criminal behavior]. Kazan: Izd-vo Kazan.un-ta, 1975. 110 p.
4. Ignatov A.N., Kostareva, T.A. Ugolovnoe pravo: Obshchaya chast’: kurs lektsii. Lektsiya 4: Ugolovnaya otvetstvennost’ i sostav prestupleniya [Criminal law: general part: course of lectures. Lecture 4: Criminal responsibility and the corpus delicti]. Ed. by Ignatov A.N., Krasikov Yu.A. Moscow: Norma, Infra-M, 1996. 63 p.
5. Korobov P.V. The moment of criminal liability. Pravovedenie=Jurisprudence, 2001, no. 2, pp. 147–163. (In Russ.).
6. Lipinskii D.A. Concepts of positive legal responsibility in the Russian jurisprudence. Zhurnal rossiiskogo prava=Journal of Russian Law, 2014, no. 6, pp. 37–51. (In Russ.).
7. Piontkovskii A.A. Ugolovnoe pravo RSFSR. Chast’ Obshchaya [Criminal law of the RSFSR. General part]. Moscow: Gos. izdat-vo, 1925. 219 p.
8. Popov K.I. Positive criminal responsibility and lawful harm. Voennoe parvo=Military Law, 2018, no. 6, pp. 266–269. (In Russ.).
9. Tagantsev N.S. Russkoe ugolovnoe parvo. Chast’ Obshchaya: lektsii. V 2 tomakh. Tom 1. [Russian criminal law. General part: lectures. In 2 volumes. Volume 1]. Moscow:
Nauka, 1994. 380 p.
10. Ter-Akopov A.A. Otvetstvennost’ za narushenie spetsial’nykh pravil povedeniya [Responsibility for violation of special rules of conduct]. Moscow: Yurid. lit., 1995. 176 p.
11. Truntsevskii Yu.V. Measures of criminal-legal influence: concept and types. Rossiiskaya yustitsiya=Russian Justice, 2015, no. 5, pp. 29–32. (In Russ.).
12. Chistyakov A.A. Ugolovnaya otvetstvennost’ i mekhanizm formirovaniya ee osnovaniya: monografiya [Criminal liability and the mechanism of its foundation formation:
monograph]. Moscow: Zakon i pravo, YuNITI-DANA, 2002. 275 p.
13. Yuzhanin V.E. On positive criminal liability. Chelovek: prestuplenie i nakazanie=Man: Crime and Punishment, 2020, vol. 28 (1-4), no. 2, pp. 200–206. (In Russ.). doi: 10.33463/1999-9917.2020.28(1-4).2.200-206.
14. Bahnasi A.F. al-Uqubahfial-fiqhal-Islami. Cairo: Daral-Shuruq, 1983. 210 p.
15. Dancig-Rosenberg H., Dagan N. Retributarianism: a new individualization of punishment. Criminal Law and Philosophy, 2019, vol. 13, pp. 129–147.
16. Feinberg J. Doing & deserving: essays in the theory of responsibility. Princeton: Princeton University Press, 1970. 299 р.
17. Lapshin V.F., Korneev S.A., Kilimbaev R.V. The use of artificial intelligence in criminal law and criminal procedure systems. IOP Conference Series: Materials
Science and Engineering, 2020, vol. 1001. Available at: https://iopscience.iop.org/article/10.1088/1757-899X/1001/1/012144 (accessed June 8, 2022).
18. Voronin V. Justice in Russian criminal law. In: European Proceedings of Social and Behavioural Sciences. Vol. 108: Man. Society. Communication. 2021. Pp. 1482–1489.
Available at: https://www.europeanproceedings.com/book-series/EpSBS/books/vol108-msc-2020/ (accessed June 8, 2022).
19. Voronin V.N. Justice of punishment as social compromise. In: Advances in Social Science, Education and Humanities Research. Volume 420: 17th International Researchto-Practice Conference dedicated to the memory of M.I. Kovalyov (ICK 2020). 2020. Рр. 62–66. Available at: https://www.atlantis-press.com/proceedings/ick-20/125937326 (accessed June 8, 2022).
20. Voronin V. Role of sociological methodology in determining criteria evaluating justice of punishment in criminal law. In: SHS Web of Conferences. Volume 134: 14th Session of Euro-Asian Law Congress “The value of law”. 2022. Available at: https://www.shsconferences.org/articles/shsconf/abs/2022/04/shsconf_eac-law2021_00084/shsconf_eac-law2021_00084.html (accessed June 8, 2022).