introduction: the article presents data on the injured convict following investigation of crimes of intentional infliction of harm to life and health committed in places of deprivation of liberty. Purpose: based on analysis and generalization of theoretical and practical data, the attempt is made to form a typical portrait of the victim of intentional harm to life and health committed in places of deprivation of liberty. Methods: dialectical method of cognition, general scientific methods of analysis and generalization, empirical methods of description, interpretation, theoretical methods of formal and dialectical logic. Results: the article makes a brief historical digression in order to compare legal norms of the 1864 Statute of Criminal Proceedings, which regulated certain provisions constituting the legal status of the victim, with norms of modern legislation. The main attention is focused on crimes causing intentional harm to life and health committed in places of deprivation of liberty, their causes and commission conditions. The data of official statistics are given. The authors consider victimhood of victims, who are divided into three main groups depending on their behavior (negative, positive and neutral) during the period of serving the sentence. The specifics of each group are revealed. Conclusions: based on the available research, the authors present a typical portrait of the victim as a result of infliction of intentional harm to life and health committed in places of deprivation of liberty.
Keywords: intentional infliction of harm to life and health; investigation; victim; convict; place of imprisonment; causes; factors; data; forensic characteristics.
Lecturer of the Department of Criminal Procedure, Criminalistics and Investigation of the Law Faculty of the Vologda Institute of Law and Economics of the Federal Penal Service of Russia.
, e-mail olegD4105@mail.ru
Doctor of Sciences (Law), Professor, Leading Researcher of the Group for Training of Scientific-Pedagogical and Scientific Personnel of the Office of the Academic Secretary of Post Graduate Military Course, Doctoral Studies at the Research Institute of the Federal Penitentiary Service of Russia, Moscow, Russian Federation
, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Akchurin A.V. Penitentsiarnye prestupleniya: ponyatie, kriminali-sticheskaya kharakteristika, spetsifika rassledovaniya [Penitentiary crimes: concept, criminalistic characteristics, specifics of investigation]. Ryazan: Konyakhin A.V., 2020. 332 p. ISBN 978-5-6044961-1-4.
2. Monthly collection on the state of crime in Russia. 2021. Portal pravovoi statistiki General’noi prokuratury Rossiiskoi Federatsii: sait [Portal of legal statistics of the Prosecutor General’s Office of the Russian Federation: website]. Available at: http://crimestat.ru/analytics (In Russ.). (Accessed April 21, 2022).
3. Brief description of the state of crime in the Russian Federation for January–December 2021. Ministerstvo vnutrennikh del Rossiiskoi Federatsii: ofitsial’nyi sait [Ministry of Internal Affairs of the Russian Federation: official website]. Available at: https://xn--b1aew.xn--p1ai/reports/item/28021552/ c (Accessed April 21, 2022).
4. Osnovnye pokazateli deyatel’nosti ugolovno-ispolnitel’noi sistemy Rossiiskoi Federatsii (yanvar’–dekabr’ 2016 g.): informatsionno-analiticheskii sbornik [Key performance indicators of the penal system of the Russian Federation (January– December 2016): information and analytical collection]. Tver: NIIIT FSIN Rossii, 2017. 385 p.
5. Osnovnye pokazateli deyatel’nosti ugolovno-ispolnitel’noi sistemy Rossiiskoi Federatsii (yanvar’–dekabr’ 2021 g.): informatsionno-analiticheskii sbornik [Key performance indicators of the penal system of the Russian Federation (January– December 2021): information and analytical collection]. Tver: NIIIT FSIN Rossii, 2022. 436 p.
6. Sakharova E.G. The value of the identity of the victim as an object of forensic investigation in the investigation of personal injury. Vestnik Kazanskogo yuridicheskogo instituta MVD Rossii=Bulletin of the Kazan Law Institute of MIA Russia, 2017, no. 4 (30), pp. 83–88. (In Russ.).
7. Sinenko S.A. Uchastie poterpevshego v rassledovanii prestupleniya [Participation of the victim in the investigation of the crime]. Vladivostok: Izd-vo Dal’nevostochnogo un-ta, 2007. 140 p. ISBN 978-5-7444-2014-7.
8. Sukhov A.N. Sotsial’no-psikhologicheskie yavleniya v srede osuzhdennykh: uchebnoe posobie [Socio–psychological phenomena among convicts: textbook]. Ryazan: RVSh MVD SSSR, 1987. 64 p.
9. Sychev Yu.V. Mikrosreda i lichnost’: filosofskie i sotsiologicheskie aspekty [Microenvironment and personality: philosophical and sociological aspects]. Moscow: Mysl’, 1974. 190 p.
10. Frank L.V. Viktimologiya i viktimnost’ (Ob odnom novom napravlenii v teorii i praktike bor’by s prestupnost’yu): uchebnoe posobie dlya studentov yuridicheskogo fakul’teta [Victimology and victimhood (On one new direction in the theory and practice of combating crime): teaching tool for students of the Faculty of Law]. Dushanbe: [b. i.], 1972. 114 з.
11. Frank L.V. Concept of criminal victimology and victimhood and some of its aspects in crimes against life and health. Voprosy kriminalistiki, kriminologii i sudebnoi ekspertizy=Issues of criminalistics, criminology and forensic examination, 1972, no. 15, pp. 247–256. (In Russ.).
12. Tsentrov E.E. Kriminalisticheskoe uchenie o poterpevshem [Criminalistic teaching about the victim]. Moscow: Izd-vo Moskovskogo un-ta, 1988. 160 p. ISBN 5-211-00065-X.
13. Shurukhnov N.G. Classification of forensic techniques of crime investigation, its theoretical and practical value. Vestnik Tomskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta=Tomsk State University Journal, 2020, no. 450, pp. 252–256. (In Russ.).
14. Shurukhnov N.G., Dechkin O.M. Grounds for criminalistic classification of crimes against human life and health committed by convicts serving imprisonment sentences in places of deprivation of liberty. Penitentsiarnaya nauka=Penitentiary Science, 2021, vol. 15, no. 4 (56), pp. 778–790. (In Russ.).