Introduction: the article considers problematic issues related to the work of management subjects (managers) and attestation commissions in situations when an employee of the penal system of the Russian Federation is dismissed due to the loss of trust. The aim of this study is to identify gaps in the current legislation on the service that arise when a measure of responsibility such as dismissal due to the loss of trust is applied; another aim consists in formulating proposals for improving legislation in this area. Methods: methodological basis of our study is represented by a set of methods of scientific cognition, among which the main place belongs to formal-logical, system-structural, and comparative-legal methods. Results: the study has shown that there are many problematic issues in the law enforcement practice regarding the dismissal of employees due to the loss of trust. The norms of the law do not clearly distinguish the components of corruption offenses for which an employee is subject to dismissal due to the loss of trust or may be brought to another type of liability. The issue regarding the status of the decision of the attestation commission remains unresolved; its decision is of an advisory nature, but at the same time, it is fundamental for making a decision by the employee’s superior. There is an ongoing discussion on the composition of the attestation commission; and options for the selection of independent experts are proposed. Discussion: dismissal due to the loss of trust is a specific type of disciplinary penalty, and its implementation is carried out by authorized management entities within the framework of disciplinary proceedings. The procedure for making a decision on the dismissal of employees of the penal system due to the loss of trust needs further improvement in its legal and organizational aspects, taking into account modern law enforcement and judicial practice.
Keywords: corruption offenses; dismissal due to the loss of trust; penal system; disciplinary responsibility; disciplinary penalty; attestation commission.
Candidate of Sciences (Law), Associate Professor, head of the Department of Administrative-Legal Disciplines, Faculty of Law, Vologda Institute of Law and Economics of FSIN Russia, Vologda, Russian Federation
, e-mail email@example.com
Candidate of Sciences (Law), Associate Professor, associate professor of the Department of Administrative-Legal Disciplines, Faculty of Law, Vologda Institute of Law and Economics of FSIN Russia, Vologda, Russian Federation
, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Abramov I.A. On the issue of legal regulation of disciplinary responsibility of state civil servants. Gumanitarnye, sotsial’noekonomicheskie i obshchestvennye nauki=Humanities, Socio-Economic and Social Sciences, 2015, no. 2, pp. 145–147.(In Russ.).
2. Alimpiev S.A. On some topical issues related to the activity of commissions on compliance with the requirements for official conduct of civil servants and settlement of conflicts of interest. Vestnik Ural’skogo yuridicheskogo instituta MVD Rossii=Bulletin of the Ural Law Institute of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Russia, 2017, no. 4, pp. 60–63. (In Russ.).
3. Bagdasaryan I.A., Koryakin V.M. On some legal implications of the dismissal of military personnel and civilian personnel in connection with the loss of trust. Pravo v Vooruzhennykh Silakh= Law in the Armed Forces, 2017, no. 9, pp. 2–6. (In Russ.).
4. Davydova E.V. Specifics of dismissal of a civil servant. Otdel kadrov gosudarstvennogo (munitsipal’nogo) uchrezhdeniya=Personnel Department of a State (Municipal) Institution, 2020, no. 9.
5. Deitseva N.A., Martynov A.V. Administrative and legal regulation of the activities of the Commission on observance of requirements to official conduct of civil servants and to the settlement of conflicting interests. Administrativnoe i munitsipal’noe pravo=Administrative and Municipal Law, 2010, no. 7, pp. 35–38. (In Russ.).
6. Dobrobaba M.B. Conceptual framework of service-tort law. Lex Russica, 2014, no. 2, pp. 199–210. (In Russ.).
7. Zhitkov A.A. Development of criminal legislation in the field of combating corruption. In: Nekrasov V.N. (Ed.). Aktual’nyevoprosy naznacheniya i ispolneniya ugolovnykh nakazanii: sbornik nauchnykh trudov . Vologda: VIPE FSIN Rossii, 2017.Pp. 72–77. (In Russ.).
8. Kandrina N.A. On the issue of official responsibility of state civil servants. Rossiiskaya yustitsiya=Russian Justice, 2015,no. 3, pp. 50–53. (In Russ.).
9. Nozdrachev A.F. (Ed.). Konflikt interesov na gosudarstvennoi i munitsipal’noi sluzhbe, v deyatel’nosti organizatsii:prichiny, predotvrashchenie, uregulirovanie: nauchno-prakticheskoe posobie [Conflict of interests in the state and municipal service, in the activities of organizations: causes, prevention, settlement: a scientific and practical guide].Moscow: INFRA-M, 2016. 224 p.
10. Kuznetsov V.I., Truntsevskii Yu.V., Lomakina L.A. Dismissal of civil servants due to loss of trust: problems of theory and practice. Zhurnal rossiiskogo prava=Journal of Russian Law, 2020, no. 1, pp. 159–169. (In Russ.).
11. Lomakina L.A. Some problems of dismissal of the public civil servants for loss of trust. Zhurnal rossiiskogo prava=Journal of Russian Law, 2019, no. 12, pp. 198–173. (In Russ.).
12. Maskaleva O.S. Commissions on compliance with requirements to official conduct and resolution of conflicts of interests: formal requirements and actual composition. Gosudarstvennoe upravlenie. Elektronnyi vestnik=Public Administration. E-Journal, 2016, no. 59, pp. 131–163. (In Russ.).
13. Nagornykh R.V. Administrative and legal procedures in the mechanism of public service in the law enforcement sphere. Vestnik Grodnenskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta imeni Yanki Kupaly. Seriya 4. Pravovedenie=Vesnik of Yanka Kupala State University of Grodno. Series 4. Jurisprudence, 2019, vol. 9, no. 2, pp. 17–25. (In Russ.).
14. Review of the 2012–2013 practice on consideration of the cases on disputes related to bringing state and municipal employees to disciplinary responsibility for committing corruption offenses. Byulleten’ trudovogo i sotsial’nogo zakonodatel’stva Rossiiskoi Federatsii= Bulletin of Labor and Social Legislation of the Russian Federation, 2014, no. 9, pp. 219–231. (In Russ).
15. Popova A. Dismissal on distrust. Trudovoe pravo= Labor Law, 2019, no. 11, pp. 15–19. (In Russ.).
16. Тhe register of persons dismissed due to the loss of trust. Official website. Civil service. Available at: https://gossluzhba. gov.ru/reestr (accessed August 10, 2021). (In Russ.).
17. Telegin A.S. Disciplinary responsibility of state civil servants. In: Pyatyi Permskii kongress uchenykh-yuristov (g. Perm’, 24–25 oktyabrya 2014 g.): izbrannye materialy [The Fifth Perm Congress of Legal Scientists (Perm, October 24–25, 2014): selected materials]. Moscow: Statut, 2015. Pp. 101–110. (In Russ.).
18. Tuganov Yu.N., Aulov V.K. Register of persons who have lost trust: problems of formation. Pravo v Vooruzhennykh Silakh=Law in the Armed Forces, 2018, no. 3, pp. 10–13. (In Russ.).
19. Sharma S.K., Sengupta A., Panja S.C., Nandi T. Corruption risk assessment methods: a review and future direction for organizations. ELK Asia Pacific Journal of Finance and Risk Management, 2016, vol. 7, iss. 4, pp. 1–44.