the history of law enforcement agencies, the russian police is a part of the history of law and the state, the history of science. It can not be separated from the domestic history, the fates of police officers who honestly performed their duty, loyal to the oath, who served the russian people and the law.
at the International Congress of Criminalists (Switzerland), held in 1913, the russian police were recognized as the best in the world in the detection of crimes.
In the domestic police careful attitude to the traditions of selfless service is of great importance. the police officers were loyal to the oath and professional duty in the most difficult periods of russian history.
By the beginning of 1917 a professional, well-trained and equipped police force was established in the russian empire, which had highly qualified specialists capable of identifying and uncovering crimes of any complexity.
the text refers to the names of many russian police officers, reveals the facts and events of their service to the law. this study differs from other publications affecting the historical aspects of administrative law, the history of law and the state.
Keywords: history of law and state; national history; history of science; the Ministry of the Interior; police; militia; administrative law.
Chief Researcher of the Scientific Research Institute
of the Federal Penal Service of Russia, Dsc. in Law, Dsc. in Medicine,
, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
1. gabidulin r. S. Istoriya otechestvennogo gosudarstva i prava / pod red. d-ra yurid. nauk., prof. B. a. Spasennikova [history of the russian state and law ; ed. by Dsc. in law, prof. B. a. Spasennikov]. Moscow, 2012. 456 p. (In russ.).
2. gornostaev M. V. gosudarstvennaya i obshchestvennaya deyatel’nost’ F. V. rostopchina v 1796–1825 gg. : dis. … kand. ist. nauk [the state and public activity of F.V. rostopchin in 1796–1825 : the diss. … PhD. in history]. Moscow, 2003. 245 p. (In russ.).
3. Zametki senatora P. S. runicha o carstvovanii ekateriny II [notes of Senator P. S. runich on the reign of Catherine II]. russkaya starina – russian antiquity. 1870. Vol. 2. Iss. 3. P. 163–174. (In russ.).
4. Zemcov V. n. 1812 god. Pozhar Moskvy [1812 year. the fire of Moscow]. Moscow, 2010. 138 p. (In russ.).
5. Izgoev a. P. a. Stolypin. ocherk zhizni i deyatel’nosti [P. a. Stolypin. essay of life and activity]. Moscow, 1912. 133 p. (In russ.).
6. Kazancev a. V. reformirovanie organov vnutrennih del rossijskoj imperii v 60–80 gg. XIX v. [reforming the bodies of internal affairs of the russian empire in the 60–80’s XIX century]. Molodoj uchenyj – young Scientist. 2012. Iss. 12. P. 394–397. (In russ.).
7. Koshko a. F. ocherki ugolovnogo mira carskoj rossii [essays on the Criminal World of royal russia]. Moscow, 1992. 608 p. (In russ.).
8. ochkur r., Kudryavcev D., Piotrovskij V. Policiya rossii. Vek XVIII – vek XX [the police of russia. Century XVIII – century XX]. Moscow, 2010. 510 p. (In russ.).
9. Putilin I. Sorok let sredi grabitelej i ubijc [Forty years among robbers and murderers]. Moscow, 1889. 352 p. (In russ.).
10. Sgibnev a. S. Skornyakov-Pisarev i Dev’er v Sibiri. 1727–1743 [Skornyakov-Pisarev and Devier in Siberia. 1727–1743]. russkaya starina – russian antiquity. 1876. Vol. 15. Iss. 2. P. 444–450. (In russ.).
11. ShChurov g. S. Istoriya otechestva (1861–2005) [history of the Fatherland (1861–2005)]. arkhangelsk, 2006. 519 p. (In russ.).