In the modern conditions of reforming the law enforcement system of the russian Federation, increasing its role in ensuring state security and public order in a situation of increasing international tension it is of great importance to study the historical experience of working with personnel in the system of internal affairs bodies. the article considers
various areas of personnel work in the militia of the Vologda region in 1945–1965 years. on the basis of the analysis of archival documents and departmental periodicals were studied measures for the recruitment, training and material support of employees of territorial bodies of internal affairs.
the study of the documentary material shows that in the militia of the Vologda region in 1945–1965 years work with the staff was given increased attention. this was presented in the increase of requirements to the recruitment of new employees, organization of general and vocational training of personnel, improvement of his social position. In solving law enforcement problems the militia closely interacted with the population what was manifested in the creation of militia assistance brigades, voluntary national teams, the institute of public commissioners. all this has allowed to increase the prestige of the militia among the population, to improve the service activity, to increase the effectiveness of the fight against crime and the protection of public order.
Keywords: Soviet state; Vologda region; internal affairs bodies; police; personnel
Professor of the Department of Philosophy and History of the Vologda Institute of Law and Economics of the Federal Penal Service of Russia, Dsc. in History, Associate Professor
, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
head of the Department of acquisition, Publication and use of Documents of the Vologda regional archive of the newest Politi- cal history.
, e-mail email@example.com
1. gonyuhov S. o., gorobcov V. I. rossijskaya i sovetskaya miliciya v mundire. 1943–2001 gg. : ucheb. posobie. : v 3 ch. [the russian and Soviet militia are in uniform. 1943–2001 : tutorial. : in 3 parts]. Moscow, 2001. Part 3. 128 p. (In russ.).
2. Kuz’minyh a. l. rabota s kadrami v organah vnutrennih del Vologodskoj oblasti v 1940-e gg. [Work with personnel in the internal affairs bodies of the Vologda region in the 1940s]. Institucional’nye reformy: istoriya i sovremennost’ : materialy nauch. konf. – Institutional reforms: history and Modernity : Proceedings of the Scientific Conference. Vologda, 2007. P. 192–201. (In russ.).
3. Ministerstvo vnutrennih del. 1902–2002 [Ministry of Internal affairs. 1902–2002]. Moscow, 2002. 648 p. (In russ.).
4. na zashchite otechestva i pravoporyadka [on defense of the Fatherland and rule of law]. Vologda, 2015. 535 p. (In russ.).
5. organy vnutrennih del i ispravitel’no-trudovye uchrezhdeniya Vologodskoj oblasti (1937–1953 gg.): neizvestnye stranicy istorii : ist. ocherki : v 2 ch. [Internal affairs bodies and correctional labor institutions of the Vologda region (1937–1953): unknown pages of history : historical essays : in 2 parts]. Vologda, 2009. Part 1. 244 p. (In russ.).
6. Pyzhikov a. V. hrushchevskie ehksperimenty v pravoohranitel’noj sfere (konec 1950-h – nachalo 1960-h gg.) [Khrushchev’s experiments in law enforcement (late 1950s – early 1960s)]. Voprosy istorii – Questions of history. 2006. Iss. 4. P. 103–110. (In russ.).
7. Strazh revolyucii – the guardian of the revolution. 1945. May, 23. (In russ.).
8. Strazh revolyucii – the guardian of the revolution. 1945. november, 23. (In russ.).
9. Strazh revolyucii – the guardian of the revolution. 1947. May, 9. (In russ.).
10. Strazh revolyucii – the guardian of the revolution. 1947. May, 16. (In russ.).
11. Strazh revolyucii – the guardian of the revolution. 1947. May, 29. (In russ.).