the author proposes a legal and psychological-pedagogical justification for including the provision of freedom of conscience and religious freedom in the means of correcting convicts; an author’s model of such provision is offered in the form of political information, philosophical and ideological education of convicts in an indirect form, which presupposes the free choice exercised by convicted persons in the direction of completing and changing the worldview that they formed before them.
the main focus of the work is the formation of public opinion among convicts and the translation of its provisions into their self-concept through convictions. the effectiveness of the proposed mechanism for implementing a hypothetical means of correcting convicts in the form of ensuring the exercise of their freedom of conscience and freedom of religion is due to the overcoming of the self-concept of the condemned esoteric gap that exists in the cognitive element, implying a lack of understanding of cause and effect relationships: the source of information is my knowledge. as the author believes each person seeks to fill in the gaps in the current worldview, and information about sources of information will be of particular interest to convicts, help them to disclose the true intentions of the subjects who formed their criminal beliefs as well as methods and means of cleverly forming destructive beliefs and attitudes. It is important to note that the proposed forms of ensuring the exercise of freedom of conscience and freedom of religion for convicts are not of a directive character but are formed specifically for the free choice of convicts when studying them. the task of prison staff is to make this information available to convicts as well as to create favorable conditions for its assimilation.
the article concludes with the advantages of ensuring the realization of freedom of conscience and freedom of religion for convicts as a means of correcting them before other means: educational work, general education, vocational training and social impact; the expected results of such provision are disclosed.
Keywords: freedom of conscience; freedom of religion; beliefs; correction; respectful attitude; correction; means of correction
Researcher of the Research Laboratory of the Organizatinal
and Scientific Department of the Vologda Institute of Law and Economics of the
Federal Penal Service of Russia
, e-mail email@example.com
1. golodov P. V. Sredstva ispravleniya osuzhdennyh: problemy klassifikacii i pravovoj reglamentacii [remedies for convicts: problems of classification and legal regulation]. Vestnik instituta: prestuplenie, nakazanie, ispravlenie – Bulletin of the Institute: crime, punishment, correction. 2016. Iss. 2 (34). P. 30–34. (In russ.).
2. Dal’ V. I. tolkovyj slovar’ zhivogo velikorusskogo yazyka : v 4 t. [explanatory dictionary of the living great russian language : in 4 vol.]. Moscow, 1981. Vol. 2. 779 p. (In russ.).
3. Dzhumaeva n. eh., Sohibov a. r. Pedagogicheskie terminy i ponyatiya [Pedagogical terms and concepts]. Karshi, 2014. 70 p. (In russ.).
4. Zhirkov g. V. Istoriya cenzury v rossii XIX–XX vv. : ucheb. posobie [the history of censorship in russia XIX–XX centuries : tutorial]. Moscow, 2001. 368 p. (In russ.).
5. o sredstvah massovoj informacii : zakon ros. Federacii ot 27.12.1991 № 2124-1 (red. ot 02.07.2013) [on the mass media : the law of the russian Federation from 27.12.1991 no. 2124-1 (in red. on 02.07.2013)]. Vedomosti S»ezda narodnyh Deputatov rossijskoj Federacii i Verhovnogo Soveta rossijskoj Federacii – gazette of the Congress of People’s Deputies of the russian Federation and the Supreme Council of the russian Federation. 1992. Iss. 7. art. 300. (In russ.).
6. Kir’yakova a. V. teoriya orientacii lichnosti v mire cennostej : monogr. [theory of personality orientation in the world of values: monograph]. orenburg. 1996. 187 p. (In russ.).
7. lukas eh. uchebnik logoterapii. Predstavlenie o cheloveke i metody [textbook of logotherapy. the idea of man and methods]. Moscow, 2017. 256 p. (In russ.).
8. Meshcheryakov B. g., Zinchenko V. P. Bol’shoj psihologicheskij slovar’ [great psychological dictionary]. St. Petersburg, 2003. 632 p. (In russ.).
9. Mihajlov V. a. obshchestvennoe mnenie: strukturno-funkcional’nyj podhod [Public opinion: structural and functional approach]. Vestnik tverskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta – Bulletin of the tver State university. 2015. Iss. 2. P. 35–49. (In russ.).
10. nemov r. S. Psihologicheskij slovar’ [Psychological dictionary]. Moscow, 2007. 560 p. (In russ.).
11. Psihologicheskij slovar’ [Psychological dictionary]. rostov-on-Don, 2004. 640 p. (In russ.).
12. Slovar’ pedagogicheskogo obihoda [Dictionary of pedagogical usage]. Pskov, 2003. 71 p. (In russ.).
13. Slovar’ po ehtike [Dictionary of ethics]. Moscow, 1989. 447 p. (In russ.).
14. Surova l. V. Pedagogika duhovnogo razvitiya : sb. st. raznyh let [Pedagogy of spiritual development : a collection of articles from different years]. Mozhaysk, 2014. 470 p. (In russ.).
15. trudovoj kodeks rossijskoj Federacii ot 30.12.2001 (red. ot 05.02.2018) [labor Code of the russian Federation from 30.12.2001 (in red. on 05.02.2018)]. Sobr. zakonodatel’stva ros. Federacii – Collection of legislation of the russian Federation. 2002. Iss. 1 (part 1). art. 3. (In russ.).
16. ushakov D. n. tolkovyj slovar’ sovremennogo russkogo yazyka [explanatory dictionary of the modern russian language]. Moscow, 2013. 800 p. (In russ.).
17. o svobode sovesti i o religioznyh ob»edineniyah : feder. zakon ot 26.09.1997 № 125-FZ (red. ot 06.07.2016) [on Freedom of Conscience and on religious associations: Federal law from 26.09.1997 no. 125-Fl (in red. on 06.07.2016)]. Sobr. zakonodatel’stva ros. Federacii – Collection of legislation of the russian Federation. 1997. Iss. 39. art. 4465. (In russ.).
18. o politicheskih partiyah : feder. zakon ot 11.07.2001 № 95-FZ (red. ot 07.05.2013) [on political parties : the Federal law from 11.07.2001 no. 95-FZ (in red. on 07.05.2013)]. Sobr. zakonodatel’stva ros. Federacii – Collection of legislation of the russian Federation. 2001. Iss. 29. art. 2950. (In russ.).
19. o personal’nyh dannyh : feder. zakon ot 27.07.2006 № 152-FZ (red. ot 05.04.2013) [on Personal Data : Federal law from 27.07.2006 no. 152-Fl (in red. on 05.04.2013)]. Sobr. zakonodatel’stva ros. Federacii – Collection of legislation of the russian Federation. 2006. Iss. 31 (part 1). art. 3451. (In russ.).
20. Frankl V. logoterapiya i ehkzistencial’nyj analiz: stat’i i lekcii [logotherapy and existential analysis: articles and lectures.]. Moscow, 2016. 344 p. (In russ.).
21. Franc V. a. upravlenie obshchestvennym mneniem : ucheb. posobie [Management of public opinion : tutorial]. ekaterinburg, 2016. 135 p. (In russ.).