The article is devoted to the problem of the values of family education in the context of
Russian legislation, the historical conditions of their formation as a factor in the positive
development of the state from Ancient Russia to the second half of the 19th century,
reflecting the national characteristics of the formation of family law and its traditions. Its
content is aimed at public awareness of the role and degree of influence of the state on the
creation of the family as a social institution, whose functions are determined by the tasks
of procreation and the education of worthy citizens of their country. The author holds the
main idea that the values of family life, family upbringing and the norms of family law are
As research methods a structural analysis of texts of legislative acts sources and
scientific research on ethnic history and legislation containing the norms of Russian
legislation, analysis of regulatory legal acts in the field of family policy and family education
is used. This allows you to identify, study and interpret data on the nature and content of the
values of family education in the structure of family law in different historical periods. The
text is addressed to a wide circle of readers interested in the history of their country. It can
be used in the preparation of historical and pedagogical works, highlighting the problem
of family education and values as its basis. The historical facts contained in the article will
be interesting for specialists involved in the development of legislative and regulatory acts
governing marriage and family relations.
Professor of the Department of Psychology and Pedagogy, Deputy Director of the Institute of History and Philology of the Vologda State University, Dsc. in Pedagogics, Associate Professor
, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Vladimirskij-Budanov M. F. Obzor istorii russkogo prava [Overview of the history of Russian law]. Moscow, 2005. 800 p.
2. Volodina L. O. Cennosti vospitaniya v russkoj krest’yanskoj sem’e vo vtoroj polovine XIX – nachale XX veka. Diss. dokt.
ped. nauk [The values of upbringing in a Russian peasant family in the second half of the XIX – early XX centuries. Diss. Dsc.
in Pedagogy]. Moscow, 2017. 388 p. (In Russ.).
3. Zagorovskij A. I. Kurs semejnogo prava [Family Law Course]. Odessa, 1902. 460 p. (In Russ.).
4. Nevolin K. A. Istoriya rossijskih grazhdanskih zakonov v 3 t. T. 1. Vvedenie i kniga pervaya o soyuzah semejstvennyh [The
history of Russian civil laws in 3 vol. Vol. 1. Introduction and the first book on family unions]. St. Petersburg, 1851. 456 p.
5. Novyj pamyatnik zakonov Imperii Rossijskoj v 9 t. T. 4. [A new monument to the laws of the Russian Empire in 9 vol. Vol.
4]. St. Petersburg, 1826. 560 p. (In Russ.).
6. Pavlov A. S. Kurs cerkovnogo prava [Church Law Course]. St. Petersburg, 2002. 384 p. (In Russ.).
7. Polnoe sobranie zakonov Rossijskoj Imperii s 1649 g. (PSZRI) v 45 t. [The complete collection of laws of the Russian
Empire since 1649 in 45 vol.]. Available at: http://www.nlr.ru/e-res/law_r/search.php ( accessed 01.07.2019). (In Russ.).
8. YAnin V. L. (red.) Rossijskoe zakonodatel’stvo X–XX vv. v 9 t. T. 1. Zakonodatel’stvo Drevnej Rusi [Russian legislation of
the 10th–20th centuries in 9 vol. Vol. 1. Legislation of Ancient Russia]. Moscow, 1984. 432 p. (In Russ.).
9. Gorskij A. D. (red.) Rossijskoe zakonodatel’stvo X–XX vv. v 9 t. T. 2. Zakonodatel’stvo perioda obrazovaniya i ukrepleniya
Russkogo centralizovannogo gosudarstva [Russian legislation of the 10th–20th centuries in 9 vol. Vol. 2. Legislation of the
period of formation and strengthening of the Russian centralized state]. Moscow, 1985. 520 p. (In Russ.).
10. Man’kov A. G. (red.) Rossijskoe zakonodatel’stvo X–XX vv. v 9 t. T. 4. Zakonodatel’stvo perioda stanovleniya absolyutizma
[Russian legislation of the 10th–20th centuries in 9 vol. Vol. 4. Legislation of the period of absolutism]. Moscow, 1986. 512
p. (In Russ.).
11. Sobranie zakonov Rossijskoj Imperii, poveleniem gosudarya imperatora Nikolaya Pavlovicha sostavlennoe v 16 t. T. 10.
Svod zakonov grazhdanskih. Svod zakonov mezhevyh [The collection of laws of the Russian Empire by order of the Emperor
Nikolai Pavlovich compiled in 16 vol. Vol. 10. Code of civil laws. Code of laws of boundary]. Available at: http://pravo.gov.ru/
proxy/ips/?empire&nochache ( accessed 01.07.2019). (In Russ.).
12. Stoyunin V. YA. Nasha sem’ya i ee istoricheskie sud’by [Our family and its historical destinies]. Pedagogicheskie
sochineniya [Pedagogical works]. Saint Petersburg, Moscow, 1903, pp. 1–90. (In Russ.).